League Cup - Falkirk

Started by shinglis, July 21, 2021, 11:52:49

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

Following the win against Hamilton, it's all to play for against Falkirk.

Tickets are now on sale online and in the club shop.

https://twitter.com/AyrUnitedFC/status/1417782543320076288

MonkeyHeid

I guess the game might be in doubt now with Falkirk partial COVID isolation.

dickmalone

Quote from: MonkeyHeid on July 21, 2021, 19:02:42 I guess the game might be in doubt now with Falkirk partial COVID isolation.
Oh dear i suppose we will get the three points. Suppose we will just have to live with it

shinglis

Quote from: dickmalone on July 21, 2021, 20:46:44
Quote from: MonkeyHeid on July 21, 2021, 19:02:42 I guess the game might be in doubt now with Falkirk partial COVID isolation.
Oh dear i suppose we will get the three points. Suppose we will just have to live with it

Haha - yes imagine being top of the group due to COVID and progress to next round  ;D

dickmalone

Falkirk have conceded the game on Saturday and Ayr have been awarded a 3 nil win. So we finish as group winners.
Maybe not an ideal way of doing it. Got to admit i will take it though.

ghostofjimmysmith

Was looking forward to getting back to Somerset - delayed for another couple of weeks  :'(

The lad #forfeited looks some goalscorer - already well into double figures  ;D

Ian Boswell

I'm glad that we're through to the next stage, but I would far rather have seen today's game take place.

Try6Place

Hope we get a decent draw tonight, would make a change.

ghostofjimmysmith

Either one of the ugly sisters away from home - they are so starved of football they will turn out in decent numbers even for a game against Ayr - of the two prefer Celtic as unlikley to be thumped as they seem to be using our non recruitment model.