Killie v Ayr

Started by dickmalone, June 22, 2021, 14:55:30

Previous topic - Next topic

dickmalone

Kilmarnock v Ayr . 2/8/21. Live on BBC Scotland 19.45

MonkeyHeid

Was always a high chance would move for the TV, but a Monday night :-(
On the upside, it's unclear if any away fans would still get to the game, so at least we will get to see the first 3 points of the season.  ;D

dickmalone

No tickets for Ayr fans....hmmmmm

rritayr

They are running scared and the season hasn't even started.

shinglis

Quote from: dickmalone on July 26, 2021, 17:16:31 No tickets for Ayr fans....hmmmmm

What I don't understand, is other teams are beginning to get reasonable size crowds, Hibs gettings 2,000 tickets for Motherwell for example so what's the big issue with Kilmarnock. I hear that 2 stands are closed for cost-saving but not sure if this is true or not. You would think opening the stand and getting the crowd in for a local derby would be more beneficial - hey ho that's the vermin logic for you.  ???

TonyH

Disappointing we can't go but I don't blame them for putting their own fans first. I'd be raging if I couldn't get a ticket for one of our games but away fans could.

Blame the SPFL, this should never have been made the first game of the season.

ghostofjimmysmith

Quote from: shinglis on July 27, 2021, 09:53:02
Quote from: dickmalone on July 26, 2021, 17:16:31 No tickets for Ayr fans....hmmmmm

What I don't understand, is other teams are beginning to get reasonable size crowds, Hibs gettings 2,000 tickets for Motherwell for example so what's the big issue with Kilmarnock. I hear that 2 stands are closed for cost-saving but not sure if this is true or not. You would think opening the stand and getting the crowd in for a local derby would be more beneficial - hey ho that's the vermin logic for you.  ???

Interesting the official line is that it is for overrunning construction work and limit on the capacity due to single door toilets but not outrageous that it is cost cutting including not paying for stewarding/policing to segregate the crowd.

Could be something in this as whilst they have assembled a decent championship squad and will be favourites for the title I would have expected them to have had a few more ex SPL veterans so probably can't afford.

Both teams don't have much goal threat so 0-0 bore draw with both defences doing their job.

shinglis

So match day!!

Don't care how or when but please score and win this game.  8)

dickmalone

No sign of fight. Total disaster zone

Jeff Vader

Yeah, very disappointing. We've regressed hugely since McCall left

ghostofjimmysmith

Lots of running about and effort but largely aimless and frequently shelled the ball up the park when someone was in space 10 yards away. Can't judge K*ll*e as we were so bad but Cameron not the answer as we should have been thumped.

Try6Place

Noticed all four stands were in use... Are THEY the only club to offer no away tickets? Not that I want to go there anyway..shouldn't be surprised about the biased BBC not calling it out. If I'd heard Cammy Bell say "a big club" one more time...must offer more support to our forward and get ball on deck. Other bosses have Hoppy's long/high ball /packed reactive defence Sussed. Was amazed Hewitt got a start, would normally be calling for our youth players to get a chance but just chuck them in a derby. Experience for them. Burke demonstrating to ref how to book players, using hand gestures, Beeb slavering over him.

shinglis

Ok maybe I watched a different game but thought the defence looked very positive and most other times we could have been 2 or 3 down by halftime. The issue being the out ball doesn't exist so every time the defence clear it was picked up by Killie and attack again. A little more composure in the midfield and confidence and this team will be OK. OConnor already show signs of positive (on the ground) attacking play.

I thought maybe Moff should have come on between midfield and forwards to help with that control.

Anyway, never good to lose to that mob, but the team does not go bad overnight after positive performances during the league cup. Bring on Arbroath and let's see what this team is really like.

Try6Place

No lack of effort from us, just poor in creation and possession. Referee rotten. No surprise to hear Cameron has supported them all his days. Explains a few things.

TonyH

Don't know what was worse, our horrendous performance or the BBC's horrendous coverage.
You'll never see anything so one sided outside an OF game, some of the gushing over Chris Burke was embarrassing.

Killie have obviously taken over from Hearts as BBC Scotland's golden boys.

Try6Place

Them and wee McCall's red & yellows. It's embarrassing.
Hopefully Hoppy not happy with match performance/result, hope we get a bounce back Saturday!