Team rebuild starts.

Started by shinglis, May 06, 2021, 10:06:18

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

So who are the candidates for the new team next season?

dickmalone

Do we have the money for what should be a complete rebuild??

Try6Place

Hopefully get the work done early,  and not be scrambling around to get a "striker" , (whatever that is), at the last minute. Excited to hear who's leaving! New groundsman and steamroller for pitch?!

ghostofjimmysmith

Bit of a non event - zanatta and Wright who barely featured are lot go along with Liam Miller????

Only first team regular to go is Roscoe - was it all his fault?

Can only assume some of those on two year deals may have been told to find new clubs rather than freeing.

Would suggest Joplin not going to change much

shuggie sproat

Glad that Roscoe Byrne gone,an absolute bomb scare in my view.When Bell was let go I could not understand why,he superbly
marshalled the defence,bad decision by Kerr which was never rectified.

ghostofjimmysmith

Bell was not let go he left for personal reasons - something about not being able to juggle training in Ayr with his child minding business and family life- he then signed for East Kilbride and latterly Patrick - always seemed a bit dubious to me - I think he just didn't rate Kerr.

Failure to replace him with an experienced centre half part of our problems this season

shuggie sproat

Ah!, personal reasons,that old one.A bit like when a politician states he 
wants to spend more time with his family,coded language for a quick exit as they do not see eye to eye on certain issues.

shinglis

dickmalone

Have ta admit to be overcome by apathy so far...however early days

MonkeyHeid

So rumors about that the Morton pair of McGinty and Fjortoft is set to sign. Can't say I'm excited about signing the majority of the Morton team - which was average last season and only just survived relegation.

Of course, all this will be judged on results when the season starts so time will tell.

Ultimately I don't have an issue with the manager signing players that want to play for him but it doesn't generate the preseason excitement.

Try6Place

Oh well, other teams fans seem to be laughing their heads off at our new signings... Have to give them a chance I suppose. Hopefully supporters will be allowed in, as none of them will be allowed to hide.

rritayr

Happy to give the new guys the benefit of the doubt. Morton has one of the best defensive records in the league last season and all four of the new signings have committed to us early in the close season.

dickmalone

To be fair our defense needed sorting out. Was a perpetual bomb scare.
Now if we can only sign the Barcelona attack........mibbeee not

Try6Place

The new players speak well, and at least there should be some team spirit. Hoppy acting quickly, now sort us out a keeper and a couple of strikers please.😃

rritayr

I am hoping the loan players from Burnley will be attacking players although we need an experienced striker as well

ghostofjimmysmith

Quote from: Try6Place on May 28, 2021, 11:09:19 The new players speak well, and at least there should be some team spirit. Hoppy acting quickly, now sort us out a keeper and a couple of strikers please.😃

Given eerything said on P and B about them, especially McGinty, is that you trying find positives - they are good at interviews ;) 

Try6Place

Scraping for positives eh.. Kind of hoping Salkeld could gee up some effort from his pal Jack Baird, and some supporters can see them in the flesh...

ghostofjimmysmith

The way things are going I have a horrible feeling that we won't get to see the team in the flesh at season start - 14 days away from Scotland vs Czech Republic and Glasgow still has no open pubs

shinglis

So a quick summary so far:

IN: Markus Fjortoft (Greenock Morton), Nick McAllister (St. Mirren), Sean McGinty (Greenock Morton), Cameron Salkeld (Greenock Morton), Josh Todd (Falkirk, loan made permanent)

OUT: Craig Moore (Darvel), Dario Zanatta (Raith Rovers), Jamie Barjonas (Rangers, end of loan), PJ Morrison (Motherwell, end of loan), Corrie Ndaba (Ipswich Town, end of loan), Peter Urminsky (St. Mirren, end of loan), Sam Roscoe, Andre Wright

Try6Place

Can't say I'm sad to see the back of any of the outs, other than Ndaba, who's a class above lol.😬