[December 12, 2018, 15:28:17 ]

Ayr Utd v Inverness Caley by shinglis
[December 11, 2018, 14:58:07 ]

Auchinleck Talbot V Ayr U by shinglis
[December 11, 2018, 10:36:43 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Club Website  (Read 1314 times)

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
Club Website
« on: July 11, 2018, 13:08:30 »
Guys I like the odd moan from time to time, but our Official Club website is pretty dam poor.  The lack of information is deafening.  If I want to know anything I have to come here to get the latest news.  Pretty poor when there is a raised air of anticipation and excitement for a new season in the Championship.   Apart from the Harvie signing, the only information we get is how well Alasdair Malcolm and his group of volunteers have got the old place looking for the season ahead.  Well done Alasdair by the way.  Comon Ayr get a grip!

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: Club Website
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 13:44:17 »
Agree. Updates used to be regular but now more via Facebook page instead of website, disappointing.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 14:41:38 »
I rarely look at the official website.If I want to know what's happening I look here, Facebook or P&B.
Had a look the other day to check this season's fixtures and it says the Morton game on Saturday is a friendly !

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 19:50:34 »
How dare people moan on here

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 20:17:07 »
Thankfully most supporters have a rough idea where else to look for "news".
What though, of potential supporters?
Just another example of giving out a poor impression. If the club don't care why should anyone else?

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 13:20:41 »
It seems to me that it is a missed opportunity to generate more interest in what is happening in and around the club.  To get more fans coming to games, a medium of reaching out to gather more revenue.  Also visiting supporters would have a look here for information before visiting our ground. First impressions and all that eh?  :-[

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 14:55:44 »
So our one man marketing team is to sell advertising, corporate boxes, be in the face of the community to sell season tickets, promote matches, organize strip launches, all other kinds of promotions/community events and also maintain the web site and the social media feeds, create match reports etc.

Maybe someone at the club can help him with this but I don't actually know what the org chart for Ayr United fc is and whether there are folks with the time/skills to help with any of this currently employed by the club.

We could expand the marketing team but that would be an extra wage, given we operate at a loss that might be a player less - i get that more marketing on an OTE basis might bring in more cash but that is a decision for LC and the board.

I'm to busy so can't do it but why doesn't someone/a group of folks offer to take on the updating of the web site if it is bothering them so much - the site will be built on easily maintained templates that anyone with basic computer skills can update - put on your black and white tinted glasses for the match reports.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 15:23:29 »
I think the Au Media team now help with the site updates but don't quote me on that.  I guess you can only update on the information presented but should be able to ensure the information is accurate such as the Morton game being a cup game not a friendly etc. (note notice it's changed but rest of cup fixtures not included)

Offline pundit

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 20:20:34 »
At present the AUmedia team have no input into the official club website.  A new website has been in discussion between us and the club for a few months, but we are hoping that a few meetings will resolve this soon. 

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 21:27:30 »
There must be someone in our fan base that has the know how to help set up a decent official website.i would of thought the powers to be would be greatful for there help at little or no costs.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:36:02 »
At present the AUmedia team have no input into the official club website.  A new website has been in discussion between us and the club for a few months, but we are hoping that a few meetings will resolve this soon.

Thanks for the clarification and hopefully the site update goes ahead soon.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 15:19:28 »
This is always something I hope I can do once retired and not working on the wrong side of the country, i.e. help out the club on a voluntary basis, whatever that might be. It sounds like a great way to keep oneself occupied and active (weeding terraces won't do any harm to the fitness  ;D)

Offline MarkG2018

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2018, 11:32:00 »
Good point. Wonder how many people know that the open day is in July this year, a month or two ahead of when it's normally held?

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 16:49:40 »
Should be getting the ads out now to local press, near the what's on section, and make the general populace aware. A lot of people still take a paper. It's also about making people feel welcome. But will probably have only a wee tiny mention a day or so before the event, right next to the huge Billy Bowie ad!!!

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 20:34:47 »
At least two pages on Ayr United every week in the AP and Ayr Advertiser that cost the club nothing - why would we pay for an advert - not sure what you point is on Billy Bowie is - his business has operated across Ayrshire for years and I believe he is a diverse employer even supporting honest men.

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 23:01:15 »
Bowies usually a big advert for killieness splashed across the back page of our local paper whilst our commercial news is hidden in the small print of the united news columns is the point.It wouldn't do any harm to bombard locals with news of our team ,that giant tv screen on whitletts road would be perfect

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 08:10:10 »
hat giant tv screen on whitletts road would be perfect

Seem to remember that screen has been used in the past to advertise up coming games.

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2018, 12:06:48 »
Target wider public, not only lapsed fans but potential new ones. Scream out "Everyone welcome", "free open/fun day" , and given plenty of notice, some new folk might attend...That's why it needs to be in entertainments section of local rag. Wouldn't put undue pressure on our overworked commercial staff, or cost the earth to our cash strapped club. Surely worth a try, might or might not work, but good PR.