attendance.*

Started by titus, November 26, 2017, 16:37:55

Previous topic - Next topic

kb

Managed to get to the game but it was nearly Christmas shopping !!
Can't argue with folk when there are only a few weekends left to do the shopping and you can't get time off for shopping
Thought the crowd was what you'd expect at this time of year
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

TonyH

Disappointing that the crowd was less than last week but still by far the biggest in League 1 ( next biggest 521) and not much less than Hamilton v St Johnstone (1451).
Thought the backing from the crowd was good after we went down 2-1, McCall even mentioned it in the post match interview.

Try6Place

It is just a pity the crowd don't encourage more prior to us going behind...at away games there is massive togetherness unlike at home.

David Castillas Gloves

Only 450 at Airdrie vs Raith, I bet Raith had at least 25% of that. Even allowing for it being on TV that is a truly terrible attendance (from both clubs point of view).

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

The Airdrie fans are boycotting home games apparently until a change of ownership is in place. Once that happens home attendances will surge back to 850!

David Castillas Gloves

I was thinking back to the late eighties and early nineties (my teenage years!)after Ally got us promoted to the First Division and we went full-time (for the first time ever??) I'm sure our average attendance back then was way above 2k, I remember we regularly pulled crowds in the 3.5k to 5k range for some bigger league games - admittedly against clubs with decent travelling support.

Discussion topic - Do you think it's possible to get back to that level of attendance without being in the premier league these days?
I guess Dunfermline and Falkirk in recent years have managed this. Why not us?!....getting ahead of myself of course, let's just get out this league first!

Try6Place

Yeah, need to get out it and stay out it, other teams have managed this, why not us?