Ayr United programmes for sale

Started by auchinleckian, October 13, 2017, 12:05:35

Previous topic - Next topic

auchinleckian

Hi folks. I responded to an advert on an Ayrshire Buy, Sell and Swap Facebook page about somebody having Junior football programmes for sale. I consequently bought these yesterday when I went to visit the family, and they have many, many, more programmes for sale from an Ayr United fan who was tragically killed nearly 30 years ago, Andrew Mackay - who some of you may remember.

The family are looking to raise money to pass onto charity in memory of Andrew and having seen the programmes I can advise on the following:- they are nearly all 1970s and 1980s, and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority are in the pristine condition that he bought them in as they've been stored in folders since the day of their purchase. These are home and away programmes and I've advised the family to sell them at £1 each, which I'm sure folk would pay for gaps they need to fill in their collection. As well as league and cup games there are friendlies, Anglo Scottish Cup ties, the odd resevre game, youth tournaments, testimonials etc and these are all priced at £2 each.

If anybody has any gaps in their collection from those years and would like to buy some could they please contact me in the first instance and I will pass on the contact details rather than just putting them on here? Rather than sending me a pm on here, could any interested parties please email me at johnholroyd54@hotmail.com?

Many thanks, John