* Advert

Author Topic: clydebank fc  (Read 1583 times)

titus

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
clydebank fc
« on: October 07, 2017, 20:02:45 »
Should be lively next saturday when the bankies come calling,dont think it will be a love in.

Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
Re: clydebank fc
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:34:39 »
Many will remember the fiasco when the game was abandoned after Stewart Kean scored in 21 minutes. I met some Airdrie supporters in the car park after the crossbar had been wrecked. They seemed very genuine club supporters and were even angrier than we were at what had happened. They said they couldn't recognise those involved and had heard rumours of a predatory visit by troublemakers from south of the border. Press reports seemed to confirm there had been such a rumour. Let's hope for 90 minutes on Saturday and a sporting atmosphere. Oh, and a win of course!

shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 21:37:42 »
Many will remember the fiasco when the game was abandoned after Stewart Kean scored in 21 minutes. I met some Airdrie supporters in the car park after the crossbar had been wrecked. They seemed very genuine club supporters and were even angrier than we were at what had happened. They said they couldn't recognise those involved and had heard rumours of a predatory visit by troublemakers from south of the border. Press reports seemed to confirm there had been such a rumour. Let's hope for 90 minutes on Saturday and a sporting atmosphere. Oh, and a win of course!

Was in the hospitality box that day.. back then free drink was provided at the table and we got to stay from the remainder of the afternoon and which sky sports on the small tv. Safe to say no-one from our table left somerset in a good state that night  ;D ;D

As for this game, assuming we have a full team to pick from would like to think 3 points in the bag.

titus

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 18:46:04 »
3 points,good performance,slick football,and the moff to get his ton.am i asking for to much.

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 15:28:00 »
Jamie Adams out again, wonder if he was brought back too early.

dickmalone

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 18:57:03 »
Still not dominating the opposition. Dropping needless points.

Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 19:14:36 »
Can't see games out. Shooting practice required.

TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 19:42:56 »
We seem to have the only manager whose substitutions actually make things worse

Stan the Man

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 20:58:50 »
Why he took Shankland off was a total mystery

The real jolly

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2017, 00:52:54 »
Mcguffie frustrates me ,he obviously has a bit of skill but how many times does he do his wee shimmy to get away from the defender and create a clear look at goal with his left foot but then seems to just shut his eyes and blooters it over the shed roof !! And he gets applause !!!

wuffster

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2017, 01:13:08 »
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:16:25 by wuffster »

ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 16:55:04 »
Rarely watch motd, but did so at the weekend. Lot of parallels with Man City/ Stoke game - man city did a lot of pretty tippy tappy passing about around the box -difference is it led to goals - and Stoke got into their half twice and scored.

Airdrie had a decent keeper but we still managed to score two goals and they were barely in our half.  Yes we missed a penalty and maybe need to just blooter it on occasion, but our problem lies at the back with a defence, particularly the keeper, who can't deal with set plays.

Agree on the substitutions - McGuffie was heavily involved in the game but did little with the ball, but McDaid was totally anonymous. Similar Moore barely touched the ball. I though Gilmour did ok but team was disrupted by dropping Geggan to rb and Ferguson to lb.

What I think we did learn is that we look a lot better with Geggan in the middle and Ferguson at rb

Ayrtraveller

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 12:15:23 »
Would agree with GOJS. Defence is the issue. I would like a big ugly centre half that will dominate at corners.

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 13:02:45 »
Someone ask Troy Deeney if he has a brother that plays in defence  :)