Arbroath at Home

Started by Balloon Boy, August 23, 2017, 07:44:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochwood

The big centre half obrien won everything at the back, and whatley in the middle did the same both totally dominated and the type we are needing right now, whatley has been up at Aberdeen on trial and you could see why, he ran the show on Saturday.

ayrmad

Quote from: Balloon Boy on August 28, 2017, 14:33:17
I'd agree with most of that, was a bit concerned at the long ball tactic even when we were winning comfortably, we do need a few more bodies in to give us options, in saying that don't understand taking the doc off, the only man that remains calm on the ball. what i have noticed is that when we move up the park as a team inevitably it'll go back to Rose or someone else at the back who launches it up teh middle instead of using the flanks, all very disspaointing..

I didn't feel we were comfortable at anytime during the game we had spells where we were doing as much as Arbroath but they controlled the bulk of the match IMHO.

ghostofjimmysmith

I took balloon boys comments as referring to previous games where we won, not Saturday where we were collectively poor.

Arbroath boys look decent but we rather played to their strengths - no real opportunity to use pace against them as the ball never got beyond their centre halves - if Moore, Moffat and McDaid had been running at them with the ball at their feet, rather than trying to run onto a high, direct ball we may have stretched them.

We look at our most effective going forward when we have the ball on the deck.

ayrmad

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on August 28, 2017, 16:36:02
I took balloon boys comments as referring to previous games where we won, not Saturday where we were collectively poor.

Arbroath boys look decent but we rather played to their strengths - no real opportunity to use pace against them as the ball never got beyond their centre halves - if Moore, Moffat and McDaid had been running at them with the ball at their feet, rather than trying to run onto a high, direct ball we may have stretched them.

We look at our most effective going forward when we have the ball on the deck.

You're probably right, I just dipped in and gave it a quick scan then posted.