* Advert

Author Topic: Under 20s league campaign  (Read 3854 times)

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Under 20s league campaign
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 23:23:12 »
Hope so Jolly, thats the benchmark we should be looking to compete against, especially in Ayrshire. Although the dangling carrot used by them to attract players could possibly be they're in the Premier league.
Be interesting to see how the results went, let us see if we're closing the gap and our Academy are competing with the bigger teams. Nothing on the Academy website.

Robbo1

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 19:30:31 »
Injuries look to be improving ,Forrest , Moore and Crawford all playing tonight for Under 20s at Somerset  v East Kilbride
United till I die

The real jolly

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 21:57:04 »
And all 3 played poorly as we scraped a last gasp draw.Shocked at how poor our 20 s have become as individuals and as a team ,disappointing as most have been in the system for years and appear to be going backwards.Dont know who dished out full time contracts to some but oh dear,some not good enough to be farmed out to the juniors! Terrible to watch and must be not very enjoyable to play in for the boys.

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 22:21:46 »
Only saw about 75 mins of the game. Poor from the 3 first teamers but to be fair, who are just coming back from injury. As for the others, are these lads in training with the first team ?
Seen McCall standing behind the dug-out and he must be wondering whats going on at that age group. Seemed to be a lot of pointing and gesticulating coming from the bench. It was like watching a silent movie at times. Smashing to watch for the good wee crowd in attendance
Thought one of the coaches was parking a bus at one point. Poor show. Now sitting 7th in a 9 team league 9 points behind the leaders Queens Park.
Full time fitba certainly aint working at this level. Anyway, bring on the Hearts.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 22:28:24 by Stanebrain »

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 22:13:57 »
Any updates for our 20s tonight, away to QoS. The lads could be doing with a much needed confidence booster before they face Hearts in the Cup.

ayrG

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 22:18:13 »
Nothing on the academy or Au media twitter as far as i can see. Random question, i see former academy player Siriki Dembele scored a double for Grimsby Town tonight. Any idea what the story with him was at Ayr? Playing down in England you'd expect he'd be good enough for us. Did he choose to leave or is it just another cock up from Ayr?

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2017, 22:44:12 »
Another ex Ayr player also scoring for Stranraer 20s tonight as well, meanwhile our own 20s team are struggling for results.
Our history of producing and keeping young players is nothing short of abysmal so it wouldnt surprise me if one of our young ex-players is doing ok elsewhere.
Our community work is very good and hats off go to the organisers of that but as far as our renowned academy goes, they answer to no one so who cares whats happening.
All freebies, donations, charities and hand outs keep it ticking along.
Its a good job that no one is sticking their hard earned cash into it, because a few questions would need to be asked.

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 23:19:09 »
Anyone know if the club are doing anything for this Cup game, running a bus etc ?

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 11:28:28 »
Aye, i didnae think the club would be interested in doing anything. Anyway good luck to the lads and wish them well. Need a result or their seasons over and its only October.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:30:23 by Stanebrain »

Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 13:21:27 »
It's a shame the club can't talk to us more often.

titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 18:36:17 »
The club talking to there fans,aye rite.by the way has anyone seen or heard from pr guru mr miller.

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:01 »
Aye is he not in the paper most weeks presenting that big oversize cardboard cheque to punters. Hes the only one i can think of from the club who we ever see. We havent got a commercial guy/dept have we ?

David Castilla

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 11:03:40 »
Raging the club don't wipe my arse for me or tie my shoe laces. Lachlan Cameron out.
The dream will never die.

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 11:34:10 »
Ooft Casillas steady big yin. Just wondered if there was a bus going to support the academy lads. Ken how the club and some on here bump their gums about how good it is, yet we canny even run a mini-bus for a cup tie for them. Poor show, clubs not interested obviously so dont tell us to dig deep and help out when they cant even be bothered. Could the wee guy that gives out the big cheque not drive it, he seems to do everything anyway for the club ?

The real jolly

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2017, 12:37:31 »
If the club are using hard earned dosh to pay decent salaries to commercial / admin staff the least they can do is tell the mug punters what is happening !. The way paying customers are seen as a necessary nuisance at times,is shocking?Need to check today's programme to see if any more squad members have a sponsor yet !

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2017, 12:49:38 »
Correct Jolly. Mind and check and see if theres any new local business sponsors for the programme or any new billboards roon aboot the brick wall in the ground ?
Ps...Anyone from the club give us an idea when the mini-bus leaves for the 20s Scottish cup game tomorrow ?

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2017, 17:46:47 »
Any updates from the cup game ?

Aufc1910

• General User
  • Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2017, 17:49:10 »
5-1 hearts, oh dear

Stanebrain

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2017, 18:37:53 »
Yes indeed oh dear. Mind you Hearts would be full of full-timers. Cant expect a lot i suppose!

Aufc1910

• General User
  • Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2017, 19:21:22 »
although, aren't most of the ayr u20's full time murphy is who scored and has played in the first team aswell