Anyone for Stevo ???

Started by Doyle, January 01, 2017, 11:36:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Doyle

Stevo leaves the Sons with his head held high, anyone want him back? [ our new striker poss ]  8)

Gazza

No.Didn't really impress last season in a lower division and struggled to get a game for Dumbarton. The fact that Dumbarton are happy to be shot of him to enable them to resign Nade, who was woeful for Stranraer, sums it all up.

ayrmad

He doesn't do it for me, I didn't fancy his return the last time, best to remember him at his best IMO.

Ian Boswell

Players usually don't do as well when they return to us. A third spell for Stevo wouldn't seem a good idea I reckon. The only exception I can remember is former defender John Robertson.

titus

Gazza

Quote from: titus on January 01, 2017, 13:04:45
To fat,end off.

Even Robbo was a shadow of his former self, not a fan of players returning

Big D

I doubt very much if he'd be asked to return or if he'd want to come back.

A hero in his day still more than capable if focussed but give him the boy a break.

Try6Place

He'd av to grovel. And be on performance related pay...

bazka6

Yep, as an out and out striker, one option better than none.

Ayrzurri

Would most fans take him over Nisbet , O'Connell , Donald , Gilmour , Rose and Crawford ? I think most probably would .

Try6Place

No doubt. Man for a crisis.

Gazza

Rumour has it he's signing for Raith, very strange.

red dug

Quote from: Gazza on January 01, 2017, 21:31:09
Rumour has it he's signing for Raith, very strange.

I would be astounded if that was the case and they've just signed Hardie from Rangers who had been at StMidden

Alan Stevenson

red dug

ayrmad

I hope McCall finds his pen quickly.

Daftayr

That's Stevo signed for Raith. Is that a plus or minus for us. No doubt he will stand on the goal line for a Raith corner against us !!

red dug

Quote from: Daftayr on January 02, 2017, 12:54:09
That's Stevo signed for Raith. Is that a plus or minus for us. No doubt he will stand on the goal line for a Raith corner against us !!

He hopes next time we olay Raith the games played in a storm,I shouldn't be surprised by this we are talking about Gary Locke after all,maybe full time training well help him

Big D

Good luck Ryan.
Open your account today with the winner against that shower. ;)