On the Road.

Started by shinglis, May 23, 2015, 03:16:56

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

I see Stenhousemir have created an initiative called "on the road" where visiting fans will pay £10 (reduced price) for entry if they are a season ticker holder for the visiting team.

Think this is a good idea and at least an effort to improve crowds will be interesting to see if AUFC follow.

Story here : http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2015/05/22/1229/

Gazza

It's a good idea, it encourages people to buy a season ticket in the first place and then makes them seriously think about travelling. Now glad I bought a season ticket will probably travel to Stenny.

Try6Place

Stenny a friendly welcoming club, this idea deserves to be a success, no doubt our club would be counting the lost revenue

Doyle

Quote from: Try6Place on May 23, 2015, 12:41:37
Stenny a friendly welcoming club, this idea deserves to be a success, no doubt our club would be counting the lost revenue
I would second that, easily the friendliest club in my travels.....

wuffster

[
Quote from: Try6Place on May 23, 2015, 12:41:37

I absolutely hope our club would be counting the lost revenue.

As a team who takes a relatively sizeable away support it benefits Ayr fans - nice one Stenny.

dixie ingram the leader

QuoteAs a team who takes a relatively sizeable away support it benefits Ayr fans - nice one Stenny.

Yes well done stenny With Morton out the league and the Dunfermline supporters leaving the sinking ship in large numbers( according to my pars mate) Ayr will carry the biggest away support to many of the away games this season. dont think this would be profitable at Somerset this season as Pars and stranraer apart dont think any other club would bring down more than 100 punters. I would rather see the club charge a max of 12 quid for adults and 5 for kids for walk up supporters. I also think the bring a friend along to a game for season ticket holders and charge a 5 quid would be great. I do know the club and the commercial managger Graham is doing lots of work to get it  right whilst working under a limited budget. Another ideas which i have mentioned in the past to the club owners   to generate income( although never taken up)was car boot sales in the car park on sundays fashion shows for the female support in hospitality, programme fairs to name but a few.
"Let The People Sing "
Stand Up To Modern Football
Bring back standing

shinglis

So it's official AUFC join the on the road campaign good on them.
http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/ayr-join-on-the-road/