Ayr v Dundee

Started by dickmalone, April 06, 2021, 20:55:00

Previous topic - Next topic

dickmalone

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Honeymoon almost up.

shuggie sproat

Jeff Vader

Only hope is that Morton lose every game and give us a get out of jail free card

dickmalone

Quote from: Jeff Vader on April 06, 2021, 21:20:08 Only hope is that Morton lose every game and give us a get out of jail free card
[/quote]
Can only hope that is the case. Our wage thieves won't do it.

TonyH

As soon as they scored the first you knew that was it.
Can't see this lot battling to save us, and that includes the play offs.

Stan the Man

Must now be about time to sign another unknown midfielder on loan from a team in the lower leagues.
Todd hasn't kicked a ball in anger since the beginning of January and even prior to that was only a bit part player with Falkirk.
Surely there must be a number of strikers in the Lowland League available on loan more especially if not having game time before joining us would  not appear to be an issue.
Why Hopkin  has signed two more midfielders is a mystery although from what I can gather he has recent form of doing the same at Morton before disappearing over the hill.
Our new owner said he was amazed at the quality of the applicants for the job and that Hopkin was by far the best candidate.He must talk a good game.I would love to see the list of applicants.
I walked past Cambusdoon last week during a training session and there were 11 cardboard cut outs on the pitch.
Don't know who the other team was.

ghostofjimmysmith

I think the keep list for next season gets smaller by the week. Still reserving judgement on Hopkin as he inherited a shambles but Barjonas done nothing and Todd already injured - ICT who are skint signed Scott Allan in March

ghostofjimmysmith

Quote from: Stan the Man on April 06, 2021, 22:13:15 I walked past Cambusdoon last week during a training session and there were 11 cardboard cut outs on the pitch.
Don't know who the other team was.

Cardboard cut outs won 2-0 though - we had 40 shots on goal but none of them were close to going in.

Jeff Vader

Quote from: dickmalone on April 06, 2021, 20:55:00 Meet the new boss same as the old boss.
Honeymoon almost up.

Must say that I haven't been impressed with the way Hopkin comes across in interviews. There's nothing outwardly remarkable about him, which is worrying given that David Smith seems to rate him so highly. Can only hope that in time whatever talents he has will emerge. Relegation to league one would completely undo all the great work started by Ian McCall in 2015, and be a real wasted opportunity to progress the club. At times I feel we are forever fated to just float around the lower echelons as we have done for most of our 111 years.

Jeff Vader

Gosh, reading that back is pretty depressing 😂

dickmalone

Be good to hear from the board as to why we are in this precarious position.

Try6Place

Maybe ask the SLO to ensure the board/& players know how fans feel. At least Hoppy briefly mentioned the fans in last interview.We never hear from the board. What is it anyway, x3 men? Anyhow we are where we are, not very good , cannot complain, league table doesn't lie. Worryingly "Captain", (?!), in his recent interview with Callum, was asked what he, "as captain" does to change it. He looked so sheepish. No leadership or pride. Last night the first whole stream I've seen on season ticket without freezing. Have seen a lot of gutless stuff over the last x45 years,  just thought Walsh and Chalmers were rank rotten. Are they past it? Maybe fans should club in to pay off the 2year deals.

shuggie sproat

I think their erse has collapsed!.Jeez O,where is the grit?.They are letting us all down!!.People are scrimping and scraping to put money in
to that 500 fund.They need need a feckin rocket up them.

ghostofjimmysmith

To an extent the club has a massive get out of jail free card that even if folks have stopped watching the streams they are unlikely to have found other things to do on a Saturday which usually sees us lose fans when we are p*sh.

However if we remain p*sh as an when fans are back in people will vote with their feet. Unless massive improvement I think Hopkin will be gone by Christmas as assuming we survive there is a good chance Alloa, Morton or Arbroath are replaced any of Falkirk, Cove and Partick meaning even harder next season.

Continuing my whitabootery on signings - Nathan Austin playing well for Eats Fife having got find up doing nothing at Kelty - we weren't even quoted for him despite desperately needing a striker.

Jeff Vader

Can't see Hopkin being sacked by Christmas, he's on a 2 year contract.

Try6Place

Heard Charlie Adam calling our pitch "terrible". Hope someone lets groundsman know. (No excuse mind). 
Also Dundee boss apparently got a dig in about "route one", and how we weren't set up like a Mark Kerr team.