Save the AUFC Badge.

Started by shinglis, November 12, 2015, 06:37:53

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostofjimmysmith

Our local MSP's probably signed a petition to keep Winton Rovers badge. I wish we had someone with any kind of political clout with a genuine interest in the club as Raith do with Gordon Brown and the Jambos with Alex Salmond.

Anyway I blame Brexit and Donald Trump for this not being given the political coverage it truly deserved.

TonyH

Our local MSP's probably signed a petition to keep Winton Rovers badge. I wish we had someone with any kind of political clout with a genuine interest in the club as Raith do with Gordon Brown and the Jambos with Alex Salmond.

Anyway I blame Brexit and Donald Trump for this not being given the political coverage it truly deserved.

No, it's all Vladimir Putins fault

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Its a bummer and a bit bizarre, but getting local schools involved in the redesign of the badge is the kind of thing a lot of folk on here would surely approve of.

In Germany the local schools are sometimes involved in making the pre game flag/banner displays which must give the kids a massive thrill when they see it in action.

David Castilla

Ayr fans - The club don't engage with the community enough

Ayr United - Lets have schools and the community help design the new badge

Ayr fans - FACK SAKE FACKIN EMBARRASSING WAINS DAIN THUS BOOOOO
The dream will never die.

Balloon Boy

i think i'm with Duncan Carmichael on this one, good idea but lets not be too hasty, there is still a good chance that the complaint against our badge will not be upheld due to the incorrect protocol of the complaint.  And to reddesign a badge now is just playing into the Lord Lyons hands

amaca

Thought this effort off Pie and Bovril looks pretty good with Burns representing the Honest Men and the original strip colours underneath

https://postimg.org/image/ze0mxmwmv/

ghostofjimmysmith

Please no Robert Burns anywhere on the badge - Burns reflected well enough in our nickname.

amaca

titus

How about a ayrshire tattie with aufc on it.

duncan.carmichael

There is one important message to be learned from this. Signing a petition is futile. I am confident that none of the petitions got presented to the man in the strange troosers.