Forum technology- SRE users

Started by shinglis, July 23, 2020, 19:46:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Genuinely interested, is forum technology dead? Welcome any comments to improve SRE

Prefer facebook
0 (0%)
Honestpage bad memories
2 (50%)
Just read posts I don't post
1 (25%)
Prefer multi team forum
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: July 25, 2020, 19:46:43

shinglis

Ok, also running this poll on Twitter, would like to understand any reason for limited number of posts against the number of users.

Feel free to comment any thoughts.

Try6Place

Just thinking most folk probably use Facebook, Twitter, pie&bovril. I generally just read, quite technophobic, but can read stuff., quite a lot of pages to read and not all info on all places.

shinglis

Quotenot all info on all places

Been thinking about this, try to consolidate all the various news into this site to provide a core place to check for all related aufc new.

real deal

I don't entertain SRE on Facebook ,I use Twitter ,pie and Bovril mostly reading not posting much ,I logged out of this site couple of years ago I felt there were trolls on the wind up with some of the nonsense posted

Try6Place

Agree re. That site, and think it atrocious that chairman only seems to engage with fans there, not with all supporters not in the closed group.

Try6Place

Quote from: shinglis on July 23, 2020, 21:01:20
Quotenot all info on all places

Been thinking about this, try to consolidate all the various news

It's easy to miss things.

real deal

Quote from: Try6Place on July 24, 2020, 00:47:17 Agree re. That site, and think it atrocious that chairman only seems to engage with fans there, not with all supporters not in the closed group.

Youre right about the chairman only engaging on that totally agree

ghostofjimmysmith

Think communication has moved on and the folks who still want to use a forum enjoy the banter with other fans on P + B with others generally looking for a real time, short "witty" exchange on social media platforms.

I also genuinely think that barring the trolls who occasionally post the folks who used this forum are/were much more reasonable and as we are doing well have nothing to really vent about,

Making me nostalgic for the SRE where a 2-0 home defeat by someone we should have been beating was somehow conflated with the loss of the ice hockey team in the town.

shinglis

Quote from: real deal on July 24, 2020, 01:24:00
Quote from: Try6Place on July 24, 2020, 00:47:17 Agree re. That site, and think it atrocious that chairman only seems to engage with fans there, not with all supporters not in the closed group.

Youre right about the chairman only engaging on that totally agree

To be fair, it is a quick and easy solution to hold a fan's online discussion and I'm not aware of that many other chairmen holding similar sessions with their fans. Never really going to win but I support any form of fans engagement from the chairman.

Try6Place

It's maybe where he can best get back at his critics right enough...

shinglis