At last - #imminent

Started by shinglis, July 21, 2020, 10:47:02

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

Finally, we have some team news with Moffat confirmed as re-signing. Hopefully, be an interesting day with a few more announcements.

QuoteWe are delighted to announce Michael Moffat has signed a new one year deal for the 2020/21 season.
'Moff' has scored 97 goals for the Honest Men in 279 appearances and is in the top ten of all time scorers for the Club.
We will have more updates shortly as manager Mark Kerr builds his squad for the coming season.

shinglis

QuoteAlso re-signing for the Honest Men today is defender Steven Bell. The 35-year-old has made 70 appearances for the club since signing in January 2018.

shinglis

the team coming togther.

QuoteAaron Muirhead is the next player to commit his future to the Honest Men. The 29 year old defender has signed a new two-year contract.

real deal

Andy Murdoch on 2 years too great business

shinglis

A big super Ayr welcome to Patrick Reading.

Quoteyr United are delighted to announce the signing of Patrick Reading on a two year deal subject to Scottish FA registration procedures.

Patrick is a highly rated left back who is a member of the Scotland under 21 squad. He joined Middlesbrough as a 13 year old before signing a professional contract in April 2017.

Since then Patrick has been in superb form for the under 23 side and signed for Stevenage in January.

Manager Mark Kerr said :" I think Patrick is the kind of player that our fans have really taken to in recent years. Someone like Michael Rose and Daniel Harvie who chose to move and try and get first team football. Patrick is strong and has really energy and pace down the left hand side. He moved to Stevenage in January however with everything that has happened with Covid19 we had an opportunity to get him to Scotland and are absolutely delighted to get the deal done. Some top names in football speak extremely highly of him and of course he has played with some of last seasons squad at under 21 level."

shinglis

Super Ayr welcome to Dario Zanatta

QuoteDario Zanatta is the latest player to sign for Ayr United for the 2020/21 season.

Dario began his career with Hearts and and whilst at Tynecastle he had successful loan spells with Queens Park, Alloa and Raith Rovers before signing for Partick Thistle in August 2019. The 23 year old then chose to invoke a release clause in his contract after Partick were relegated and wants to stay in the Championship.

Manager Mark Kerr said :"Dario is an exciting player, I am sure most of our fans have seen him play against the Club on several occasions and he always causes problems. He is a player that I have always liked and we are thrilled to be able to add him to our squad

real deal

July 21, 2020, 16:02:18 #6 Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 16:04:01 by real deal
Quote from: shinglis on July 21, 2020, 15:02:46 Super Ayr welcome to Dario Zanatta

QuoteDario Zanatta is the latest player to sign for Ayr United for the 2020/21 season.

Dario began his career with Hearts and and whilst at Tynecastle he had successful loan spells with Queens Park, Alloa and Raith Rovers before signing for Partick Thistle in August 2019. The 23 year old then chose to invoke a release clause in his contract after Partick were relegated and wants to stay in the Championship.

Manager Mark Kerr said :"Dario is an exciting player, I am sure most of our fans have seen him play against the Club on several occasions and he always causes problems. He is a player that I have always liked and we are thrilled to be able to add him to our squad

If Kerr can get Zanatta back to his Alloa form he could potentially be signing of the season

ghostofjimmysmith

Can I assume by us signing a left back that Harvie away.

Roscoe still with us. - if so that is three cbs.

All seems to be good positive news - assume there will be loanees to come as well

rritayr

Quite a day of activity, looks like a serious statement of intent

real deal

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on July 21, 2020, 17:08:51 Can I assume by us signing a left back that Harvie away.

Roscoe still with us. - if so that is three cbs.

All seems to be good positive news - assume there will be loanees to come as well

Harvie will be off ,aren't we due compensation / development fee or something?

Try6Place

Good interview on au media. Very professional. The boss looks in good shape too.

shinglis

Quote from: Try6Place on July 22, 2020, 07:11:53 Good interview on au media. Very professional. The boss looks in good shape too.

Here's the video interview (note 30mins - so sit down and get comfortable)

ghostofjimmysmith

AP has harvie linked with mk dons - seems to imply he was going to extend his contract before covid stopped everything but only with a view to moving on anyway but Ayr getting a fee