Lachlan to Support Legal Bid

Started by shinglis, July 14, 2020, 17:29:17

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

QuoteLACHLAN CAMERON has revealed Ayr directors will offer Dundee United, Raith Rovers and Cove Rangers help from their own pockets in their legal battle with Hearts and Partick.

The Somerset Park supremo admits he has great empathy with the position the Jambos and Jags are in as they fight to have their controversial relegations reversed.

But he admits he has MORE for the trio, whose promotions could be denied should the pair be successful.

United, Raith and Cove fear the costs involved could reach over £150,000 and have reached out to rivals for support.

And Cameron admitted he'd be of a mind to assist - stressing the money would not come from his own club's coffers.

He told the BBC Sportsound Podcast: "We discussed it at a board meeting at the other day and if asked we'll participate - but it wouldn't be with Ayr United funds, it would be directors' funds.

"I just think it's the right thing to do, this is a vote we voted on, we got it passed through and I think it is important to support the clubs who are being unfairly persecuted here which is the three promoted clubs.

"I have a lot of empathy for Hearts and Partick's position, but I just have more for those who were successful on the park.

"Listen, you go into every season knowing you need to prepare for the possibility of being relegated.

"At the start of every season we do our budget and you budget to go out of the first round of every cup.

"All this talk that Hearts are going to be unfairly harmed because they're going to have to reduce some positions at the club, any club going down would have to do that.

"And every year at least one club gets relegated from the Premiership.

"You have to take what is best for the league over all and I think that's what the SPFL were trying to do.

"My argument would be we have to try and reward the success of the teams instead of keeping the Hearts and Partick Thistles up falsely."

Full Story - https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5810832/ayr-lachlan-cameron-dundee-united-raith-cove/