NO Mass Gatherings Over 500

Started by shinglis, March 12, 2020, 12:19:13

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

QuoteThe first minister says she will advise the cancellation of mass gatherings of 500 people or more from the start of next week.

So where does this leave the football fixtures? play behind closed doors, AU media offer service in the UK?

weejoe

This could the end for some football clubs.  I see the SPFL was quick to tells clubs to check their insurance policies as there is no money coming from them.

Try6Place

March 12, 2020, 13:49:21 #2 Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 13:53:17 by Try6Place
Oh dear, and I was thinking we could have spaced ourselves out at a safe distance at Somerset. Spfl won't care about the smaller clubs.😰

shuggie sproat

A lot of teams in the SPFL struggle to reach that figure most weeks in the season.Five hundred in fact would be a godsend for some of them.The SFA are already bricking it at the thought of what might happen.Due to their mis management of the game in our country,they have no money in the coffers.Twenty two years since we qualified for the finals of a money spinning competition,look at all the missed commercial deals that come with success.The SPL disaster started the decline,the greed of the so called top clubs,especially the Ugly Sisters.Selfish people.

TonyH

Make the capacity 499 for all our games !

Try6Place

We might sell all our season tickets.

ghostofjimmysmith

Hmm, pretty sure there is a large gathering of over 50000 folks from all over scotland and northern ireland this weekend- are we assuming that none of them will get ill until next week.

TonyH

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on March 12, 2020, 16:36:31 Hmm, pretty sure there is a large gathering of over 50000 folks from all over scotland and northern ireland this weekend- are we assuming that none of them will get ill until next week.

By sheer coincidence the ban starts on monday

ghostofjimmysmith

Hopefully they all get it before the game and can't sing their party tunes.

shuggie sproat

The atmosphere at that match will be toxic enough without Covid 19 making an appearance.Flippancy aside,last week a person I know who supports "The Rangers" espoused the view that he hoped the spread of this illness would continue so that the Premiership would be cancelled.His reasoning being that it would stop Celtic getting another nine in a row.That mindset beggars belief,Scotland has been bedevilled by these people to our countries lasting detriment.

shinglis

Quote from: shuggie sproat on March 12, 2020, 22:16:29 The atmosphere at that match will be toxic enough without Covid 19 making an appearance.Flippancy aside,last week a person I know who supports "The Rangers" espoused the view that he hoped the spread of this illness would continue so that the Premiership would be cancelled.His reasoning being that it would stop Celtic getting another nine in a row.That mindset beggars belief,Scotland has been bedevilled by these people to our countries lasting detriment.

that being the case, Partick might not get relegated and Dundee Utd not get promoted.

ghostofjimmysmith

Dundee United losing 70k a week will go out of business if they don't get up. No idea what happens with us, would LC keep us going? If this goes on for a protracted time like beyond the end of May it is going to be bonkers as most of the players in the lower leagues are going to be without clubs. It is clubs with players on multi year contracts who are most exposed.

I feel Rangers meltdown II is imminent -I appreciate we are on thin ice ourselves but would very very funny.

ICT player self isolating and they played QOS mid week so probably just as well we are off tonight.

ghostofjimmysmith

Pretty much guaranteed that craig moore will get it on the day he returns to training.

TonyH

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on March 14, 2020, 17:57:56 Pretty much guaranteed that craig moore will get it on the day he returns to training.
[/Wquote]

😂

TonyH

titus

Sevco going down the pan would not bring a tear to any of my 2 eyes.

Jeff Vader

Surely a number of clubs will be at risk of going out of business? Unless the situation can be considered a sort of lengthy close season till July and players and staff are not paid from now until then. Otherwise I can't see how clubs can continue to pay staff costs with zero income coming in. It would be a cash flow disaster.

Try6Place

March 15, 2020, 11:08:01 #17 Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 11:22:21 by Try6Place
Surely FIFA and EUFA could and should help all levels of the game during initial time of crisis, this being global pandemic. Hope for a quick resolution.  But if club needs to ask for help, hopefully we can be creative.

ghostofjimmysmith

Floating an idea, if it was the difference between the club staying afloat or folding, would folks without season tickets just buy tickets for the four remaining games - club maybe incentivise by giving them 10% off a season ticket or similar.

Folks with season tickets could maybe just buy a concessionary ticket for each match. I know not everyone can afford it, not least if we go into lockdown and they can't earn a wage. Beyond the four games, most of the players are out of contract so the impact on cash flow become less pressing.

Alternatively, being aware that a lot of folks want something for their money, once the length of the shutdown is known should the club offer enough shares to the support to buy as would enable the club to continue to exist during the shutdown.

What are folks opinions?

Try6Place

If possible, get new kit out quickly, urging everyone to back the club .