Ayr United v Inverness Caledonian Thistle - 05/10/2019

Started by Maybole Mauler, October 03, 2019, 16:57:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Maybole Mauler

It would be great if we could keep our winning run going against Inverness this weekend, although our home record against them in recent years has been very poor. They always seem to be able out-muscle us at set pieces in particular, so our new central defensive partnership and goalkeeper will have to be on their toes for 90 minutes if we are to have a chance of taking something from the game.

I must admit, I would be happy with a draw in this game, keeping a bit of momentum going for the easier games coming up in November.

TonyH

shinglis

Quote from: TonyH on October 03, 2019, 19:08:03 Railway End open for us.

Can never decide if this actually helps or not, regardless I hope we win and continue the good run, but more so because we are due a win against them.

dickmalone

Well done Alloa ..should be all the incentive we need to go top tomorrow.

Jeff Vader

Indeed, really hope a decent crowd turns out to cheer on the lads. Anything over 2000 home fans will be good.

real deal

What worries me is our poor record against them and they are seemimgly better away

Ian Boswell

If we can play as well today as we did against Dundee United we must be in with a good chance. Nothing guaranteed though.

ghostofjimmysmith

Barely laid a glove on ICT last season so good indication of where we are if we can win this one. Stewart surely a shoo in for the job if we win given the atrocious record multiple managers/squads have against them.

Will be tough as I expect ICT to make show financial crisis defying resolve - also they are rightly third.

Given last nights events a point would be no disaster.

real deal

shuggie sproat

Should have been up two goals in the first twenty minutes but once they scored they outmuscled us as they are like extras from Land of the Giants.

dickmalone

ghostofjimmysmith

Tactical masterclass from John Robertson suckering us into playing long ball far too often and man marking Forrest out of the game. Only time we got behind them, keeper made himself too big for Moff.

They are a good side if just a bit one dimensional. Didn't play badly - nobody under 6 out of 10 - just didn't take our chances. First goal I think the guy rolling about put the defence off. 2nd goal Harvie out of position as he was pushing up and thought ball going out of play - stating what I saw not criticising - and the guy who scored has a free run down the left hand side.

Was initially critical of Stewart for lack of subs but if you put McGuffie on for McCowan you are replacing a dwarf with a dwarf, same with Moore for Moff/Forrest. Bell/Adams might have been an option in the middle if fit. Can we somehow bring Kevin Kyle back just for games against ICT - nothing else.

Think today was game where Kerr would have made a difference.

Jeff Vader

Depressingly predictable result. And 1800 home fans. Sometimes you wonder if we have just reached as far as we will ever go.

shuggie sproat

Undoubtedly the cost of attending the games is having an effect on the numbers of home supporters.I spent nearly fifty quid today,tickets,food and a couple of small items from the club store.A lot of ordinary working people just cannot afford that outlay on a regular basis in these straitened times.For many that fifty quid would be spent on messages or fuel rather than at Somerset.Scottish football is too expensive for what is being offered up in my view.

Ian Boswell

Oh well, over the last two weekends the top three have each lost one, so it's "as you were". It won't be any great surprise if the current top four are still there at the end of the season.

real deal

Quote from: shuggie sproat on October 05, 2019, 23:13:58 Undoubtedly the cost of attending the games is having an effect on the numbers of home supporters.I spent nearly fifty quid today,tickets,food and a couple of small items from the club store.A lot of ordinary working people just cannot afford that outlay on a regular basis in these straitened times.For many that fifty quid would be spent on messages or fuel rather than at Somerset.Scottish football is too expensive for what is being offered up in my view.
[/quote
]
Quote from: shuggie sproat on October 05, 2019, 23:13:58 Undoubtedly the cost of attending the games is having an effect on the numbers of home supporters.I spent nearly fifty quid today,tickets,food and a couple of small items from the club store.A lot of ordinary working people just cannot afford that outlay on a regular basis in these straitened times.For many that fifty quid would be spent on messages or fuel rather than at Somerset.Scottish football is too expensive for what is being offered up in my view.

Out of all the constant moaning about crowd sizes this hits nail on the head football is over priced that's the problem

ghostofjimmysmith

Football may be overpriced but not sure I buy there are that many folks that would have actually gone to this particular game who couldn't because they couldn't scrape together £18 particularly as we haven't had a home game for weeks and hundreds of fans could afford to go to Wrexham etc etc

I think we lost a generation of potential fans as we were largely p*sh post DL pre Reid and during the Roberts years.

Back to yesterdays game what was the ICT player getting so bent out of shape about after the final whistle - looked like he wanted to square go the folks in the open terracing.

Jeff Vader

Apparently the ICT player was reacting to taunts from the terracing about his late mother. If true this beggars belief and other fans should identify whoever was responsible

real deal

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on October 06, 2019, 07:49:18 Football may be overpriced but not sure I buy there are that many folks that would have actually gone to this particular game who couldn't because they couldn't scrape together £18 particularly as we haven't had a home game for weeks and hundreds of fans could afford to go to Wrexham etc etc

I think we lost a generation of potential fans as we were largely p*sh post DL pre Reid and during the Roberts years.

Back to yesterdays game what was the ICT player getting so bent out of shape about after the final whistle - looked like he wanted to square go the folks in the open terracing.

The result was so predictable and garbage football on show from the visitors ,the Wrexham thing was a novelty hence a lot went,I agree about the lost fans