Tunnocks tea cake cup....

Started by Balloon Boy, August 14, 2019, 12:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Balloon Boy

i see we got Wrexham away on the 7th or 8 th of September, nice wee trip away but will be a really big challenge I'd imagine....

dickmalone

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Really hope its on a Saturday. From a neutral's perspective I think its probably the most attractive fixture so its bound to be some daft kickoff time on TV.

The Racecourse ground is very nice, been once before. If you're into wacky hipster new build stands this is the ground for you!

shinglis

OK guilty. I had to google Wrexham find out where it is. Definitely up for this game depending on final KO time.

Mickey mouse cup or not - competitive away fixture in Europe, so extra effort to attend.

real deal

Does the Welsh TV channel not usually pick these up for Saturday nights,I know the Nomads are at home too

TonyH

You'd think S4C would pick this one for live coverage.
I'm sure they show games at 5 on Saturdays or sunday afternoons.

shinglis

Quote from: TonyH on August 14, 2019, 17:04:21 You'd think S4C would pick this one for live coverage.
I'm sure they show games at 5 on Saturdays or sunday afternoons.

5pm KO would be perfect, allow more time to get there on Sat and overnight party and up the road Sunday. Can't wait.

ghostofjimmysmith

Hoping we beat them or Talbot are probably going to have to beat Cardiff or Swansea to stop Ayrshire becoming part of Wales.

real deal

Doohan,Harvie and Kelly all called up for the 21s this weekend

TonyH

Talks ongoing with broadcaster for TV games, decision due within 24- 48 hours

TonyH

Saturday 3 o' clock. Not being shown on TV.

MonkeyHeid

I think the fixture timing is perfect and a good manager statement on the official website about the game and confirming no request for a postponement.

Allows time for the fans to travel and return if appropriate, no doubt a number will be staying overnight for a party regardless of the result.

TonyH

Personally I couldn't care less about this tournament, happy to get this game out of the way without any disruption to our league games.

Jeff Vader

I'd love for us to do well in this tournament. I remember the first two finals of the B&Q cup and how great it was to see us take big crowds to both. Would love to do it all again, and finally win a piece of 'national' silverware. If only to stop the Killie fans and their WFAANW bantz

shinglis

Quote from: TonyH on August 20, 2019, 19:09:12 Personally I couldn't care less about this tournament, happy to get this game out of the way without any disruption to our league games.

I hear you, but personally think Wrexham game does provide something different from the norm, so makes it a little more interesting.

QuoteI'd love for us to do well in this tournament. I remember the first two finals of the B&Q cup and how great it was to see us take big crowds to both. Would love to do it all again, and finally win a piece of 'national' silverware. If only to stop the Killie fans and their WFAANW bantz

Would be nice, but probably not get past Wrexham, let's hope so.

ghostofjimmysmith

Kelly, doohan and harvie in under 21s quite correctly  - bit confused why mccowan has been ignored other than he is not an old firm loanee  - he has played more championship games than kelly

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Looking forward to two nights in Chester, a cup game where its not exactly going to be Talbot levels of despair if we lose, and a whole load of English & Welsh people checking out what the badge on your chest is all about and why you're here (because lets face it, most of Chester or Wrexham won't have a scooby about this competition)

Dewch ar Ayr!

MarkG2018

I was surprised to see that Wrexham had nearly 6,000 at the weekend. Didn't appreciate that they were that size of club. Hopefully we'll see a big crowd on Saturday, though it'll be their third home game in a week,so a few might stay at home. I wonder how many fans we'll take? 300 maybe?

shinglis

Quote from: MarkG2018 on September 02, 2019, 20:22:43 I wonder how many fans we'll take? 300 maybe?

over 500 at Thistle and I know a few extra planning to make the trip, so maybe about the same at Wrexham.

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

I've seen one Wrexham fan refer to this as the "Scottish choccy woccy thingy"  ;D