Morton Game

Started by shinglis, August 02, 2019, 09:09:55

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

so everyone feeling confident of an opening day victory. No..

I hoping for a victory but reckon it will be a score draw. Will be interesting to see the team changes from the Stranraer game.

dickmalone

Would love a winning start to the season. I doubt it will happen with our dodgy defence. Can but hope

dickmalone

Great result. Lots of teams dropping points as well. Bit concerned we were 3 nil up and let them get back to 3-2.
Still 3 points is 3 points.

TonyH

Thought we had won it when we went 3-0 up, then it was nail biting time until the 4th.
Great display all round and a well deserved win.

rritayr

Best football we have played for a while although we did make it more exciting than it should have been. Forrest was brilliant

Ian Boswell

I agree Forrest was brilliant - what a goal! But our man of the match has to be Michael Moffat, who was absolutely superb.

real deal

Good start score flattered Morton have to take chances and cut out the lapses at the back

RyanH

Some great football played yesterday and its good that we had 4 different goal scorers! Atmosphere in the 2nd half was fantastic! Probably better than any home game last season in my opinion.

ghostofjimmysmith

I 100% agree that Forrest was outstanding in the 2nd half but he did little in the first. The best he has played in months but over 90 minutes please. Hard to pick a MOM but Docherty also superb and Harvie was excellent. Can't find the highlights but looked like another goalkeeping mistake for their first.

The worry was we would not score goals without you know who, to a large extent 16 goals in 5 games with lots of different scorers has put that bed.

Morton were a big team but for 70 minutes our team of wee guys ran rings around them.

wuffster

Sludden29

Great performance from the boys and a deserved 3 points. We created a lot of chances and the score line flattered Morton. A bit worried about our keeper with cross balls but it was a wild, wet afternoon.

real deal

Good to see 3 academy boys amongst the goals😁