Betfred Cup - Livingston

Started by shinglis, July 15, 2019, 22:39:12

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

July 15, 2019, 22:39:12 Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 23:24:16 by shinglis
Ok should be more of game than Berwick.
With Falkirk getting a draw, must provide hope that this game is a possible win.

Predict a close game but Ayr to win 2-0

real deal

Quote from: shinglis on July 15, 2019, 22:39:12 Ok should be more of game than Berwick.
With Falkirk getting a draw, must provide hope that this game is a possible win.

Predict a close game but Ayr to win 2-0
Would take that but I think draw would be decent they're a different team at home going on last season anyway quite stuffy

Ian Boswell

A bit of a disappointment, losing 2 - 1, but certainly no disgrace. Bring on the Bairns at Somerset this Saturday!

ghostofjimmysmith

Maybe just me but Doohan could have done better for both goals, especially the first.

dickmalone

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on July 18, 2019, 21:10:32 Maybe just me but Doohan could have done better for both goals, especially the first.

Yup..looked a big bit sus on the first and totally unconvincing on the second...not a game for his scrapbook

Maybole Mauler

I agree about Doohan. Should have saved both goals in my opinion.

I must admit I could not understand the clamour, especially on P&B, to bring him back this season. He lost us quite a few points last season, notably against Morton, Falkirk (twice) and Dundee United and looked shaky on numerous other occasions. His kicking was also deplorable throughout the season. To be fair, he did also have a few decent games as well, but not enough to be given the hero status he seems to have achieved in some quarters.

We would, in my opinion, been better signing an experienced 'keeper and not gone down the loan signing route once again.

ghostofjimmysmith

Be careful or someone will call you a knicker wetter on P and B because you don't think everything is awesome. You are spot on individual errors by Doohan cost 6 points against Falkirk and turned 1 into none against Dundee United - conversely he did also make saves that won us points and had lengthy periods where he and the defence did not lose goals. Not unhappy we have signed him but he is a young keeper who will make mistakes and seems largely to have gained cult status by not being Jordan Hart.