Shankland - to DUFC!!

Started by MonkeyHeid, July 03, 2019, 08:52:35

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyHeid

If true really disappointed that picked the same level of football i.e. same division. OK yes may be getting superstar wages but the opportunity of improving probably missed by experiencing English league football. 

Still one of the best AUFC strikers in recent times.

ghostofjimmysmith

As with many promising Scottish footballers I believe his partner didn't want to move down south. Sure he will be on decent money at DUFC,  but probably turning down a life changing opportunity.

shinglis

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on July 03, 2019, 09:21:45
As with many promising Scottish footballers I believe his partner didn't want to move down south. Sure he will be on decent money at DUFC,  but probably turning down a life changing opportunity.

I just feel a little disappointed as remaining in the same league but hey ho. Hope he does go on to have a great career and potential Scotland forward, just not this season  ;D

As usual, twitter has the answers:

https://twitter.com/somersetroadend/status/1146330931755663360

ghostofjimmysmith

Ignoring the having to play against him stuff, worst case scenario is that he repeats the form of July-Dec 2018 and Dundee United sell him for big money in January.

weejoe

I can't believe this story.  When it came out I thought it was Dundee Utd trying to make themselves out to be a big and ambitious club making the offer.  Never expected in a heartbeat that Shankland would even be considering it.

This will be another guy with great potential who in 10 years will be asking what happened to his career.  Lawrence had the opportunity to go down south, become a legend, develop his game and kick off his international career and earn a millionaire's salary.

Well I hope this doesn't come back to bite his arse, but I think it will.

ghostofjimmysmith

I have heard through a decent source that he has a partner and a young child and she was adamant if he was going down south he was going himself - that may be complete sh*te and he is single guy with no weans. If true this was most likely the best offer he was going to get in Scotland.

Good luck to him but I agree I wonder if he will look back pondering about the road not taken.

Being a dick the season finished a while ago and not been training for a while - maybe he will fail the weigh in.  :P

titus

We are the only club where he hit it off,so with that in mind watch this space