Final Game - Alloa.

Started by shinglis, April 30, 2019, 12:42:30

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

Oh, decisions, to rest players, give Alloa a chance of staying up or of course, play to win and if Alloa wins so be it.

some interesting tweets on the topic:

https://twitter.com/willyjam/status/1122225735517732866

https://twitter.com/WJShorts/status/1122171427816386563

https://twitter.com/ryancapperauld/status/1122197431628771329

TonyH

The only reason I want Alloa to stay up is because it would be to our advantage to have at least two part time teams in this division next season ( if we're still here).  I want us to win on Saturday to secure home advantage in the play off and the £400,000 prize money.
Starting to get a bit sick of this Alloa love-in.

Maybole Mauler

I don't get this love for Alloa either. OK they held Raith for a draw on the last game of last season to give us the title, but they took 7 points off us during the season. I think we should try to keep the momentum going from last Saturday into the play-offs and pocket another £75k in prize money to boot.

MonkeyHeid

Quote from: TonyH on April 30, 2019, 15:21:12
The only reason I want Alloa to stay up is because it would be to our advantage to have at least two part time teams in this division next season ( if we're still here).  I want us to win on Saturday to secure home advantage in the playoff and the £400,000 prize money.
Starting to get a bit sick of this Alloa love-in.

Totally with you on this one. If fate permits, yes would like Alloa to stay up but at not at the expense of us finishing 3rd and everything that brings.  Finishing 3rd would be a amazing achievement this season, unless of course we somehow won the playoff, then I will need at least a week off for my liver to recover and another week to read all the associated press report and social media info.   ;D

ghostofjimmysmith

I want to keep Alloa up for the reasons given above but they kind of blew it for me last week by losing to ICT - they would be three points better off as would we so a bore draw would have suited us both. Also whilst I have no real gripes with Falkirk it is just the schadenfreude of seeing our supposed betters and a team who have largely owned us the last 25 years or so getting relegated - it's like someone turned the "yer f*ckin' sh*te song" we sang to them earlier this season into reality. No doubt we will beat Alloa, Falkirk will win and also prevail in the play offs.

Ideal world Alloa finish 8th or higher, Arbroath come up and Montrose win the play offs and we lose two of Falkirk, Partick, QOS and have a great chance of consolidating further next season ........ on second thoughts it will be irrelevant to us as we will be in the top flight.  :P

If we finish third it equates to a good players wages for next season. I did read one of Mccall's post match interviews at the weekend and he said he was resting players for the Alloa game  - specifically said that some needed it - no its disrespectful to other teams sh*te. He really doesn't like Falkirk.

Jeff Vader

I'm also a bit over this 'we owe Alloa' nonsense. They beat us in the penultimate game last year which should have cost us the league. We owe them nothing.

That said I would like them to stay up, I always support the underdog so would be great if they can stay up at Falkirk's expense.

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

Plus lets not forget Jim Goodwin is still the manager!

MonkeyHeid

Not sure what the team will be, but here's hoping for a comfortable 3-0 win for the Super Ayr and go into the playoff giving McCall some decisions due to the great display against Alloa.

wuffster

real deal

Looked to me 2nd half both teams contented with the draw

TonyH

Why did Smith get subbed, is he injured ?

real deal

ghostofjimmysmith

Zanatta would be some replacement for Shankland if he leaves.

Also be some strike partner if he doesn't.

shinglis

Balloon Boy

i thought their no. 6 Hetherington looked a cracking player...