Player of the Year - Voting

Started by shinglis, April 09, 2019, 22:02:10

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

April 09, 2019, 22:02:10 Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 22:07:18 by shinglis
QuoteThis years player of the year event is now only two weeks away and for the next 9 days we will be opening the voting for you to decide who will be our Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for the 2018/19 season.

Voting for the awards is now open and can be done via email to commercial@ayrunitedfc.co.uk or by using the voting forms in the club shop. Please remember to confirm which category your choice is for - Player of the Year or Young player of the year.

The criteria for Young Player of the Year is that the player be under 23 on 5th April 2019 and have made at least one first team start in the league this season. The players that meet the criteria are as follows - Alan Forrest, Daniel Harvie, Liam Smith, Ross Doohan and Calvin Miller.

There is no age limit on the Player of the Year.

Voting closes at midnight on Sunday April 14

Ok for me Young player without a shadow of doubt probably has to be Doohan as for player of the year. hmm, need some time to ponder that one.

TonyH

I voted Doohan for both, my son voted Smith and Shankland.

MonkeyHeid

Quote from: TonyH on April 10, 2019, 19:07:08
I voted Doohan for both.

I think that is a good shout. Shankland has been lukewarm 2nd part of the season and sometimes get swayed for the goalscorers, but Doohan has played every game, equaled the club shut out record (will probably beat it) and should get the recognition it deserves.

TonyH

Exactly, Doohan has been excellent the whole season.

ghostofjimmysmith

It's actually nice for there to be some genuine thought required about choosing who to vote for as player of the year because of the season we have had - Doohan has been great but Liam Smith has been outstanding as well and given we have taken only 13 points out of the last 39 we should not discount the contribution of Shankland and the belief he instilled in others in the first half - he also has a get out of jail free card of having been nowhere near the Talbot debacle.