collapse

* Advert

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Ayr v Qos..  (Read 948 times)

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
Ayr v Qos..
« on: April 09, 2019, 09:02:46 »
OK, any bets for anything other than 1-1.. would still like to see some revenge for the 5-0 earlier in the season but can't see it happening so just be happy with a win of any description.

Offline kb

• 1st Team Sub
  • Auld Yins Rule
Re: Ayr v Qos..
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 13:05:04 »
Difficult one
Play well like Saturday and then lose a goal...

Just go for it Ayr, I would so love us to get an early goal and then build on it
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 13:54:29 »
Perform like we did against cally and the 3 points are ours.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 21:48:42 »
Woohoo.. happy days. a win and 3 points back up to third in the league.

Online dickmalone

• Youth Academy
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 21:57:31 »
Incredible a home win...safe from relegation now...lol

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 08:07:41 »
Great first half, forget about the 2nd where for some reason we descended to their aimless long punt up the park shenanigans.

I know he scored but Shanklands body language suggests he is short on confidence - needs a wee tap in goal from open play.

On last nights game QOS are the worst team we have played for a while and if they have lost Dobie for the run in could be doomed.

Now relegation is impossible getting carried away with Dundee United now being catchable.

Offline mark me3

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 09:02:25 »
How  does the play offs work out, who do we play if we finish
2nd
3rd
4th

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 09:39:53 »
3rd play 4th (I believe 3rd placed team gets to choose when they are at home)
2nd plays winner of above (again believe 2nd gets to choose when they are at home)
Winner of above plays 11th paced team in SPL (as above on choosing games)

Being realistic, if we make the play offs we will most likely be 3rd or 4th and play ICT. Given the punishing play off schedule we probably want the home game to be midweek so the players are not getting home at 1:30-2am with the game in Inverness on the Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

No doubt BBC Scotland will gub that with both games at night.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 12:04:30 »
Yet another shutout for Ross Doohan, one more to equal the record I believe? Hope he didn't injure himself too badly with that final catch right at the end.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 12:11:50 »
surprised at the comment about the standard of the opposition, I thought Queens were a decent team & cetianly better than Dunfermline & Dundee Utd (well at least every time we've played them), after a scintillating 1st half where we should have goit a few more goals it was baffling to watch us getting put under so much pressure & resorting to long punts (they werent even balls lets be honest).

Crawford was outstanding , shankland looks as if he's struggling whether its physically or menatlly ii don't know.

Is that true about the play-offs, i thought that the venures were decided by league placings only & not by the top rated teams preference?

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 13:56:19 »
Only going with what someone told me when the discussion turned to where we want to finish (3rd or 4th) - you might equally be right. Given it is likely to be ICT we play first there could be merits in finishing in a position where we have the 2nd leg away from home at the weekend.

Online TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 19:05:14 »
I can see why people would prefer us to come fourth as that would mean we'd be at home Tues/wed then away on the Saturday although the difference in prize money is about £70,000.

Offline mark me3

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 18:56:37 »
I honestly cant see us picking up 3points in any of our remaining games.

as for the plays off its a no brainer we will not do well, and should now be thinking about the new season players in/out

I must ask the question did the board/manager really think we could have won this league
 we missed the chance to pick up a few shillings for the sale of shanklan ??

lets see who comes calling for him, as his form has dramatically dropped  or would I be right in suggesting other teams have now worked him out ???

lets start building for next year, give McCall some funds and keep us in this league if we can  establish ourselves we will start to attract better players , forget about promotion
although that's what football is all about, but lets walk before we can run.

McCall has done a  great job and should stay but as I have said keep us in the league and
we will also start to attract better crowds and before you know it we are AYR AYR SUPPER AYR.

Rant over

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 01:51:49 »
I honestly cant see us picking up 3points in any of our remaining games.

as for the plays off its a no brainer we will not do well, and should now be thinking about the new season players in/out

I must ask the question did the board/manager really think we could have won this league
 we missed the chance to pick up a few shillings for the sale of shanklan ??

lets see who comes calling for him, as his form has dramatically dropped  or would I be right in suggesting other teams have now worked him out ???

lets start building for next year, give McCall some funds and keep us in this league if we can  establish ourselves we will start to attract better players , forget about promotion
although that's what football is all about, but lets walk before we can run.

McCall has done a  great job and should stay but as I have said keep us in the league and
we will also start to attract better crowds and before you know it we are AYR AYR SUPPER AYR.

Rant over
Who's Shanklan? Did your Ayr supper taste nice 😂😂

Offline Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 02:41:12 »
Wow, perish the thought someone would make a spelling mistake.

I hear what Mark is saying and have been thinking the same thing about Shankland for a while. I was in a minority of about one at the time and would have taken the money in the transfer window. I think Shankland will move on at the end of the season but any clubs still watching him won't be impressed with his recent performances or appearance (definitely looks overweight).

I still think we'll do well in the playoffs. If the team can get back the confidence of the first quarter I can see us winning the whole thing. Would be amazing :D

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 11:28:13 »
Was probably unreasonable to expect Shankland to keep up the Roy of the Rovers goal a game thing, he is carrying a wee bit of extra timber but still a massive threat and I wouldn't be surprised if back to his best for the play offs.

Also hindsight is 20/20, If we had sold Shankland in January and sitting where we are, folks would have been bemoaning the decision to sell him having cost us the title. Injuries and a collective loss of form have cost us the title but the early season form of the team, coupled with collective implosion of so many other championship clubs is why we are where we are.

You can point to other individual things as why we have fallen away - Doohan mistakes leading to goals  that cost points, the 20 minute defensive meltdown at home to ICT etc.

I think it is really much more prosaic, we were shock troops in the first 15-16 or so games because as the team that just came up we were expected to play one up front/defensively and teams lined up to play against us that way - instead we had a right go. Teams are now showing us respect whilst at the same time our confidence isn't as high and we seem to be punished for every error.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 12:22:50 »
can't see where all the dieticians are seeing extra weigt on Shankland, he looks as fit as a butchers dog to me just a bit off form, would still rather have hi with us than against us.....