[May 16, 2019, 12:59:49 ]

Playoff -Inverness by titus
[May 16, 2019, 12:24:35 ]

Ross Doohan.. Potential Record. by ghostofjimmysmith
[May 13, 2019, 09:55:57 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Let's do a Livingston.  (Read 707 times)

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
Let's do a Livingston.
« on: April 04, 2019, 12:20:19 »

OK just to be clear, Livingston is certainly not one my favorite teams, and rank just under Kill*e for dislike, but there is no reason at all we can't aspire to mimic their progression from last season into this season.

Let's help to relegate Partick thistle over the final games (let Alloa survive with Falkirk going into playoff) and confirm super Ayr's playoff position. Then its a simple case of beat our bogey team Inverness, easy game against DUFC (how times can we beat them in one season) and hope for Dundee in the final so we can claim to have relegated both Dundee clubs.   ;D

https://twitter.com/grammykaisayr63/status/1113668882970050560

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
Re: Let's do a Livingston.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 16:47:42 »

On Wednesday night they secured their place in the Premiership in front of a crowd of 1,022 !
If they can do it with crowds like that then why can't we ?

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • 1st Team Sub
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:15:04 »

On Wednesday night they secured their place in the Premiership in front of a crowd of 1,022 !
If they can do it with crowds like that then why can't we ?

Exactly, ok every team has a budget and no doubt we have exceeded everyone's expectations this season, but the opportunity has to be taken if available.  With success brings in more income, by league position, TV Monday, increased sponsorship, bigger away crowds at home games etc etc. 

Heaven forbid Ayr actually get promoted, my initial fear we do a Brechin in the SPFL and get beat every week, but you look at the bottom 6 teams and start thinking, why not be part of that.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:59:50 »
We have done well this year but if we don't at least make the play offs I think in time this will look as an opportunity missed as teams who were expected to challenge like Falkirk and Partick have had a season to forget and we have taken 9 points this far off of Dundee United. Ross County have been decent but not stellar - Talbot game seems to have destroyed any self belief in the squad - please get it back quick.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 12:25:37 »
Getting an extra home game in the playoffs will also hopefully make up for the lost income from all the midweek games.

Its been a league where despite the stereotype every team really can beat every other team as Alloa showed last week. I'm not sure we have the nous to edge past ICT over two legs. I've also been looking at possible train and hotel options should we finish 4th and play them on the Saturday. Dearie me, wish I hadn't .

Hopefully by the end of Tuesday we're pretty much guaranteed 4th place.