Morton 2nd April.

Started by shinglis, April 01, 2019, 13:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

shinglis

Ok.. hopefully, should continue the fine form of Friday and get another result. Not bothered about all the talk of Ross county this & that.. let's just focus on our own games, ensure playoff position and see where it takes us. 

Going to predict a 2-0 win for Super Ayr. 

titus

3-1 ayr,shanks to bag a hattrick.

The real jolly

Looking forward to a game under the lights.Morton nothing to play for so hopefully we can get a few goals.Would like to see young mccowan get a chance instead of our loan forwards,just think miller is a waste of a jersey ,flatters to deceive .

ghostofjimmysmith

Really hoping we can start to find some form - massive opportunity the next 7 days to potentially catch Dundee United and also confirm play off place. 

However 10 points from the last 30 - and given that despite a decent performance we relied on a fluky goal/moment of magic - you decide - to beat a honkin Pars team makes me think it will be 3 draws.

Don't agree Morton have nothing to play for - they are right in the relegation mire and might also see a win as given them a slim chance of catching us.

MonkeyHeid

Right. let's do this and get the 3 points, nice 2-0 up by HT and full-time 3-0 would be nice. 

Merseysuperayr

The manager has a really difficult job tonight selecting his starting 11; key players like Forrest and Geggan knocking firmly on the door to get back in the side. Midfield most challenging to strike the right balance; we have some really talented players and a strong if small squad; great position to be in and not something we have been able to say for years. The team performed well on Friday and there were definite signs of coming out the confidence slump and getting back to the attacking team we were in first half of season. I'd go for following team : 4312 formation.  Doohan Smith Rose Bell Harvie Kerr Crawford Murdoch Moffat Forrest Shankland. Need to attack/ press from the start.

Ian Boswell

Disappointing result I suppose. On the other hand, if we had drawn at Dunfermline and beaten Morton folk would probably have been more pleased.

MonkeyHeid

I suppose Morton also had a lot at stake and fighting to avoid the relegation battle so every point a prisoner. we avoided defeat and took a point and another step towards securing a playoff position. 

Also no need for the fans trouble -reported attacking the Morton supporters bus. 

https://twitter.com/kenny_gmfc/status/1113185867445743616

ghostofjimmysmith

Actually thought Morton were really good last night - if they had a striker they would have pumped us. Morton fan I know says they have one good game like last night and then are crap for the next 4 games, hence why they are where they are.

We were overrun in midfield and Forrest, Moore and Geggan don't look match sharp. Think the defence played ok considering the persistent waves of attacks although could have done better for the goal.

TonyH

Amazed at the amount of negativity after this result, especially the booing at full time.
If we'd drawn at Dunfermline and won last night if would have been seen as a good four points and another step towards securing a play off place.
But because the scores were the other way round it's all doom and gloom !

Jeff Vader

I can understand the fans' frustration at full time. Only one win in eight home games is a poor return. Yes our league position is higher than pretty much everyone expected at the start of the season but as things progress you reassess your targets and latterly we have been below the high standards we had set.

It's been decades since we've been in the top division and that's just not good enough. The fans have high expectations of the players and club and rightly so.