[May 18, 2019, 01:13:10 ]

Mccall interview AP by ghostofjimmysmith
[May 16, 2019, 12:59:49 ]

Playoff -Inverness by titus
[May 16, 2019, 12:24:35 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Away to Falkirk - Friday.  (Read 1862 times)

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • 1st Team Sub
Away to Falkirk - Friday.
« on: March 05, 2019, 20:15:13 »
Right's lets do Alloa a favor and beat falkirk and in turn Alloa beat Dunfermline - works for me ;D Would be really good to get back on some sort of winning run and see what happens. 

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
Re: Away to Falkirk - Friday.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 20:17:49 »
I predict back to winning wins in front of the cameras but don't expect a classic high goal thriller, more likely to be a luck hit & run 1-0 win.

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:09:44 »
I predict back to winning wins in front of the cameras but don't expect a classic high goal thriller, more likely to be a luck hit & run 1-0 win.
Will take that,similar to the last game there

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 09:48:11 »
I think we will sneak a wee 2-1 win,shanks to bag both.

Offline dickmalone

• Youth Academy
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 20:46:12 »
Said  it before and will say it again ..the manager can only take a team so far. He has reached his terminus. Though some people me included will say that came at Talbot.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2019, 21:31:02 »
Sad to say but I can see Dunfermline and Inverness overtaking us.
Seasons going to end with a whimper

Offline dickmalone

• Youth Academy
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 22:30:56 »
Shankland and others gone next season. We will be relegation fodder next year. All the happy clappers can come forth to tell me i am wrong.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 10:22:24 by dickmalone »

Offline wuffster

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 13:44:15 »

Offline Maybole Mauler

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 17:41:25 »
It's a good job we've got points in the bag from earlier in the season or we would be in danger of being relegated.
All the early season confidence and swagger has disappeared for some reason and we're returning to the shaky, nervous state we were in 2 seasons ago, whereby we gift teams goals and fail to take our chances at the other end.
Last nights game at Falkirk was a perfect example of this as were the games against Ross County and Dunfermline. I'm sure we would have taken at least 7 points from these games had we played to our early season form.
I don't know whether or not the better players have their minds set on getting lucrative new contracts elsewhere next season and are losing interest in Ayr United, but the Manager has a big job to get them re-focussed on finishing the season well for us long-suffering fans.
First essential is to get 3 points next Saturday against QOS, who are the only team with a worse recent record than us.
Come on Ayr - put a smile on our faces at 5 O'clock next Saturday - we're suffering.

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 19:07:10 »
3 points against queens next saturday is a must.that apart,all this talk that mccall has took us as far as he can is rubbish.mccall has shook our club out of the small town team mind set and put us on the map again.i for one would be very happy if he stays around for a good while yet.

Offline shuggie sproat

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 02:30:39 »
We have a problem that a blind man can see and all the teams in the division have spotted it,we are losing goals as our left back cannot defend and everything is coming down our right.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 11:18:53 »
Did anyone listen to 'Off The Ball' yesterday ?
Apparently McCall said that some players signing pre-contracts has caused them to "lose their edge".

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 14:21:31 »
We all have our opinions on what is wrong and I think there is truth in all of them but from my own perspective it is all about confidence - we have had none since the Talbot game. First twenty minutes we were the dominant team, albeit only creating one gilt edge chance which Shankland didn't take. We then lost a comedy goal and retreated into our shell, Falkirk got a well taken 2nd and then saw the game out.

Not sure why Harvie is getting singled out, others have been equally disappointing - he is essentially a young full back playing his first full season so inevitable we would have a dip - we were quite happy with the 15 or so assists he has this season.

What teams have worked out is if you stop Lawrence Shankland, we pretty much carry no other threat.

We are badly missing Andy Geggan's grit and energy and Allan Forrest's guile.

I'm not convinced we are 100% safe from somehow ending up in the relegation play off. 3 points a must on Saturday to put some genuine distance between us and QOS.