[April 20, 2019, 17:02:43 ]

2018 / 2019 - Players In / Out. by titus
[April 20, 2019, 16:09:58 ]

Ayr v Partick by TonyH
[April 20, 2019, 10:50:21 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Morton v Ayr.  (Read 1444 times)

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • 1st Team Sub
Morton v Ayr.
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:27:17 »
Right back to action this weekend, not much news on the injury front but here's hoping as predicted Adams & Kerr available for selection. 

Don't really care anymore about the manner of victory in these last few games as long as the 3 points are collected. Free flowing, goal scoring would be great but 3 points is all that matters. 

All the media chat is about County & DUFC, so lets do our talking on the pitch and keep picking up the points and see what happens. 

Prediction, close encounter but Ayr to edge it 2-1. (No repeat of the 5-1 - would be nice ;D)

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
Re: Morton v Ayr.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:59:38 »
Ross County play East Fife in the "Piss-up in a Brewery Cup" on Friday night so a win will put us top.

Offline mark me3

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 14:28:53 »
Am going for a now thrills win 0.1 will do for me.

Offline Maybole Mauler

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 16:55:27 »
It'll be great to get Ayr Utd. football back this weekend. Last weekend was boring as hell without a game.

Morton will want revenge for the 1-5 humping they got earlier in the season- so it won't be easy, but we should win, especially if we get an early goal to force them to abandon their normal defensive tactics.

Unfortunately, we'll have another blank Saturday on 2nd March as Partick Thistle will be playing in the Cup that weekend. Has anyone heard when that game will now be played?

Hopefully, we'll be back at the top of the table by 5.00pm on Saturday.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 14:01:22 »
I'm keeping an eye on the SPFL site for a new date for Partick. Not sure we would want it on Tuesday 5th given we're playing Falkirk on the Friday night. 

If Dundee Utd beat the winner of Inverness/Ross County in the cup then the away game on April 13th will be moved as well.

I will happily accept all this kerfuffle if it ultimately ends in promotion!

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 14:05:25 »
Well I can't wait!  Injuries all sorted and hopefully Adams and Kerr available.

I am confident that we will be back to our winning ways and I predict a comfortable 3 - 0 victory for Ayr.

Delighted that Ross County and Inverness drew the other night.  More games for them to be involved in with potential for more fatigue and injuries.  It will be nice for them to get a wee cup run, whilst we march on and steal the Championship Title.

Common the Ayr!

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 17:31:36 »
Big away support,3 points,top of the league.moan ayr we can do this.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 20:16:06 »
Adams back according to the AP but no mention of Kerr

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2019, 01:55:50 »
Bethan,Forrest and Kerr still out hopefully we can nick the 3 points that would do fine and go back top

Offline Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 23:51:12 »
0-0. Pretty disappointing performance. Very puzzled as to why our best player by a mile Michael Moffat was subbed. Craig Moore did almost nothing when brought on. Overall there was far too much hustle and bustle and fast play, as opposed to careful build up and skilful control. It seems Robbie Crawford cannot try to score from the penalty area but must always pass sideways to, well, anybody. By Lawrence Shankland's usual high standard he had a disappointing game. From the team overall, too many punts up in the air to little effect. Looked like 0 - 0 before half time.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 23:53:17 by Ian Boswell »

Offline wuffster

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 14:04:10 »

Offline John G

• Youth Academy
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 19:51:22 »
0-0. Pretty disappointing performance. Very puzzled as to why our best player by a mile Michael Moffat was subbed.

Moff took a heavy knock about 10 mins before h/t. I was surprised to see him start the second half.
Hope over despair

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 20:29:21 »
To try and take positives, we are now a point further away from ICT in 4th and also QOS in 5th - Morton/QOS now looking over their shoulders. 

Disappointing result but Morton just tried to sit in and deny us space/clear cut opportunities. Would have liked to have seen the two new boys introduced earlier as maybe we are a bit predictable.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 14:23:54 »
To try and take positives, we are now a point further away from ICT in 4th and also QOS in 5th - Morton/QOS now looking over their shoulders.

That's the way I've been looking at it recently.
Taking it as a positive seeing how far ahead of Inverness, Queens, Morton and Dunfermline we are.