* Next Match

* Last Result

Poll

Match Prediction...

Home Win - Auchinlect Talbot
1 (6.3%)
Draw - Replay
2 (12.5%)
Away Win - Super Ayr (currently not so super)
13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 19, 2019, 13:01:30

Author Topic: Cup Game - Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr Utd  (Read 4118 times)

Offline Jester

• Youth Academy
Re: Cup Game - Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr Utd
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2019, 22:11:04 »
Well that was probably the worst Ayr performance I've ever seen.
Talbot deserved to win. They were hungry, disciplined and their gameplan worked.
 We were woefully inept in every department. No urgency, no cutting edge, no courage. The whole team looked like they had never met before today. At no point in that match did we look like winning.

Offline Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2019, 23:11:16 »
Naturally we always want to win every game. I have said to a number of people that, out of the next three games, if we could only have two wins I would choose to lose to the Talbot. I'm not predicting we will win the next two home games but, if we do, it will go a long way towards forgiveness for today. 

On a personal note, I remember Willie Lyle as a fourth year pupil at Auchinleck Academy. He was absolutely a young gentleman and, while there is no doubt I wanted Ayr to win today, I am pleased for him. 

Offline wuffster

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2019, 00:24:33 »

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2019, 11:09:25 »
Peach of a header from McCracken. Could be worse, their first goal could've been given. Pass marks only for Moff, who tried to create. Embarrassing seeing Moore throwing himself down in the box, on national telly too.
Hopefully players and staff will have to sit through the whole match again.

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2019, 15:26:27 »
NOT GOOD ENOUGH.TO MANY PLAYERS AND MANAGEMENT STAFF TOOK AUCHINLECK FOR MUGS.WE AS A CLUB HAVE NO RIGHT TO SHOW SUCH ARROGANCE.well done talbot,and i hope you get a money spinning tie in the next round.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2019, 16:54:34 »
Any word on Geggan after he went off injured yesterday ?

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2019, 20:33:52 »
I see Auchinleck have just purchased new covers and hope to get floodlights. Reinvestment by Committee from monies brought in with cupties /success. That's what can be done when there's a will. Maybe we could do with a committee...

Offline ayrmad

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2019, 22:52:25 »
I see Auchinleck have just purchased new covers and hope to get floodlights. Reinvestment by Committee from monies brought in with cupties /success. That's what can be done when there's a will. Maybe we could do with a committee...
At the moment we're paying full-time wages for a championship squad, we can't expect the club to spend cash on everything, we can justify talking about these things in the past tense but I don't see the point at the moment.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2019, 09:38:47 »
I assume Mccall wrote the following in his wee book all game

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, 40 yard cross field pass to Declan McDaid that he mis-controls and goes out for a throw.

Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass,pass, pass,pass, pass, blooter it into the channel for Craig Moore to get nowhere near.

Ever since Talbot were allowed in the cup I have been dreading getting them in the draw largely as we were part time and p*sh. If ever there was a time I was not concerned about getting them it was now - injuries aside, we should still be capable of at least drawing with any junior side over 90 minutes. East Kilbride as decent, well funded big boy of the lowland league were comfortably dispatched by ICT.

Take nothing away from Talbot, but they were at best functional and still deserved to win. We didn't lay a glove on them.

Said last week that Craig Moore looked out of his depth in the championship, based on Saturday out of his depth in the juniors.

From our best result in living memory to our worst result ever in the space of 7 weeks. Perhaps Duncan Carmichael can trawl the history books to find a more embarrassing result.

We are in free fall.

Offline shuggie sproat

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2019, 10:21:06 »
Talbots tactics were perfect on Saturday,very cute and effective.Wee nudges and pushes to put our players off the ball,worked a treat,pitch very soft and cut up badly,but not  making excuses for our defeat but our boys were lambs to the slaughter and looked very naive and underprepared for what faced them.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2019, 15:57:05 »
What makes all this even worse is the fact we're very unlikely to get a chance of revenge.
Better get used to having this result thrown in our faces for a very long time.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2019, 16:32:42 »
To saving graces

1) As McCall pointed out albeit from a different perspective it has been a decent 18 months for the club and supporters - if this result had happened in the Watt/Shanks/Connor/Reilly wilderness years of  2003-2009 or in the Roberts years I think we would have struggled to get over it

2) Nobody will now want to sign any of our players, other than Shankland.

Offline Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2019, 17:41:33 »
I see there is mention on the club website of the flare chucked on to the pitch on Saturday. You really have to wonder what pleasure anyone gets from doing this and landing the club in bother. If anyone knows who did it please report them. Whoever it was, I would say this - YOU ARE A TOTAL ARSEHOLE!

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2019, 17:47:44 »
Agree 100% with mr boswell,name and shame.

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2019, 13:05:53 »
I am with you guys.  This flare throwing thing has to stop as the club are who will suffer.  Much needed money to run our club will be spent on fines.

The message to the moron/s who think they are loyal supporters doing this is
'Stop it ya ejits!'