Cup Game - Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr Utd

Started by shinglis, January 14, 2019, 13:00:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Match Prediction...

Home Win - Auchinlect Talbot
1 (6.3%)
Draw - Replay
2 (12.5%)
Away Win - Super Ayr (currently not so super)
13 (81.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: January 19, 2019, 13:01:30

shinglis

I really hope we have more than 4 players on the bench and some of the injuries have eased up. I guess with a positive outlook any Ayr team should be good enough to win this tie, but would like to see the return of Shankland at least. 

Wonder what odds for both Shankland's to score?

weejoe

I can't see anything other than an Ayr win.  I do believe that this match has come at a good time and is a welcome break away from the pressures of the league campaign.  This might get our season back on track as we are getting too used to draws and 1 - 0 defeats.  Lets break the cycle.

Apart from the obvious loss of Lawrence Shankland, I feel the loss of Jamie Adams has been massive.

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

I've never read anywhere what is exactly wrong with Jamie Adams. Does anyone know?

TonyH

If anyone is not 100% fit they should be rested for this.
The games against Dundee United and Inverness are far more important.
We should still be able to win with guys like Higgins, Ferguson and McGuffie in the team.

ghostofjimmysmith

QuoteI've never read anywhere what is exactly wrong with Jamie Adams. Does anyone know?

Probably the same thing that kept him out for 6-8 weeks every season he has played with us.

titus

real deal

TonyH

If the game is called off it will be played on Wednesday 30th at 1 pm

shinglis

JohnnyDoyle7

Quote from: shinglis on January 14, 2019, 20:19:14

OK.. I'll ask the stupid question.. how do you vacuum a football pitch ?

If only we had a sheep then we could lend them our G Tech AYRram.;D

TonyH

Fair play to them, even vacuuming the pitch for us !

shinglis

BBC Sportsound will be broadcasting a live show from Beechwood this Thursday evening. David Currie, Chick Young, along with James Grady, Billy Dodds, Julie Fleeting, Ian McCall and someone from the Talbot ranks will be taking part. 6:30pm -7:30pm.

If you'd like to be in the audience, arrive at the Talbot Social Club for 6:15pm, spaces are limited so will be first come first served!!

AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

The covers are supposed to work down to -8C apparently. Perhaps we could borrow them for the Dundee Utd game!

Jester

Quote from: AYRSHIRE_ANGUS on January 15, 2019, 11:40:03
The covers are supposed to work down to -8C apparently. Perhaps we could borrow them for the Dundee Utd game!

Aye we could get them in on loan. Would be a good bit of business.

Try6Place

JohnnyDoyle7

Just checking. BBC football website says BBC Scotland are broadcasting the game live.

Does that mean I can watch on their website? I think I've done this in the past with a Scotland game.

titus

Live on bbc scotland,that means one camera behind a pylon.

real deal

shinglis

Quote from: JohnnyDoyle7 on January 17, 2019, 16:18:55
Just checking. BBC football website says BBC Scotland are broadcasting the game live.

Does that mean I can watch on their website? I think I've done this in the past with a Scotland game.

Yes I would imagine so.