[January 22, 2019, 18:21:57 ]

Ayr U V Dundee U by MonkeyHeid
[January 22, 2019, 16:48:01 ]

Finn Ecrepont - Scotland Call up by AyrUtdAcademy
[January 22, 2019, 14:30:51 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Training Methods Etc.  (Read 465 times)

Offline Maybole Mauler

• General User
  • Youth Academy
    • View Profile
Training Methods Etc.
« on: January 11, 2019, 16:05:13 »
Last season we almost lost out in winning League 1 due to a huge number of injuries to players at this time in the season.

It looks like we've got 5 or 6 regulars out again tomorrow's game at Inverness. I think it's time the Club has a look at its training/physiotherapy methods etc., as quite a few injuries seem to be caused in training and not actually on the park on a Saturday. It also seems to take an inordinate amount of time for players to recover from their injuries, for example, Forest and Adams have been out for about 2 -3 months now with no sign of them making a comeback. Kerr came back last Saturday and only lasted a half and had to go off and is again on the injury list.

If these injuries are not cleared up soon I can see our great start to the season being squandered, as the likely replacements are not nearly as good or are very inexperienced.

Offline John G

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
Re: Training Methods Etc.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 16:45:07 »
I do not think McCall/Scully/Stewart are likely to employ training methods much different to all the other clubs they have managed/coached/played for. I suspect the reason for our current injury level is as much to do with too small a squad and player playing when not fully fit and not getting a chance to get recovery time.
Hope over despair