[June 21, 2019, 14:02:32 ]

Season Tickets.. 19/20 Season. by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS
[June 20, 2019, 11:57:28 ]

Chairman Live Q&A Session. 19th June by TonyH
[June 19, 2019, 21:03:59 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: January Window...  (Read 3311 times)

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
Re: January Window...
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 10:48:20 »
who's this armstrong we're also supposed to be intersted in?
Daniel plays with Raith don't know much about him Pie and Bovril posts say he's from Ayr 

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • 1st Team Sub
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 12:52:33 »
https://twitter.com/VoiceAyr/status/1082588497331003394

Not sure if this is promising news or not. What I do like, is the fact that McCall is considering adding to the squad for the final push. 

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 13:13:27 »
If we were to get him, it's another attacking midfielder who can get us goals.  However he was mince in the games against us at Partick.

But glad to hear that McCall is considering bringing in players as this have got a bit stale in recent weeks.

Offline Doyle

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 14:29:02 »
If we were to get him, it's another attacking midfielder who can get us goals.  However he was mince in the games against us at Partick.

But glad to hear that McCall is considering bringing in players as this have got a bit stale in recent weeks.
Erskine has become stale at Partick, needs a new challenge, and as Mcall originally signed him, he knows all about him, good at driving forward....

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 16:51:03 »
Mcall originally signed him, he knows all about him, good at driving forward....

My only reservation is that we are back to McCall targeting guys who he has previously managed no matter how long ago.

However has proven experience of getting promoted at this level and also played at a higher level and different to what we have.

Broadening the debate if Shankland goes I would assume we would sign someone else rather than rely on just Moore/Moffat - does anyone know if the guy at Edinburgh City, Blair Henderson would be worth a punt or is he just starring at his level.

Based on my opening comments, if Shankland leaves surely even McCall wouldn't entertain former dumpling Kevin Nisbet, despite him suddenly looking prolific.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 14:30:44 »
and relax :D

To all our supporters.
Having recently received yet another offer for one of our players, which at best can be described as derisory, I wish to let you all know the following facts.
There has been a number of bids for our players however NO player will be leaving Somerset Park during this window. The only type of deal acceptable to our club would involve an immediate loan back to Ayr United.
There may be a number of our players being offered pre-contracts by other clubs. I have absolutely no issue with this and I am 100% certain that any player who takes this option will continue to give everything to Ayr United. They will also be informed that pre contracts in Scotland are not recognised by the SFA and are therefore worthless.
Though I will never give up hope of keeping our squad together at the end of the season I recognise that there will be departures. Any player who leaves will go with the very best wishes of everyone connected to Ayr United.
Wherever we finish in the Championship our supporters deserve to watch this special group of boys till the end of the season. Hopefully this will put an end to any speculation through various media outlets and allow us to concentrate on football matches.
Ian McCall
Manager