[June 24, 2019, 21:54:42 ]

Glorious failures by Ian Boswell
[June 22, 2019, 09:50:20 ]

Fixtures 2019/20 by MonkeyHeid
[June 21, 2019, 14:02:32 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Ayr U V Falkirk  (Read 2254 times)

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
Re: Ayr U V Falkirk
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 10:54:39 »
I think a number of factors at play in our recent dip- a relatively inexperienced keeper made an inevitable mistake in a tight game rather than a game where we were comfortably winning; we have key players who may have made a difference injured - not sure exactly how Adams specifically  would have enabled us to score on Saturday though; we have lost out shock factor and teams now know how we are likely to play and set out to limit us.

A wee bit of guile and directness missing as given the amount of possession we had at no stage on Saturday were Falkirk in control they were just more direct - we went from at throw in on the edge of their box to our own box in six passes at one point in the first half.

On the ref, I have no idea why we started calling him a w*nker when their player went down with cramp just after they scored as at that point he was having a decent, unremarkable game - I think a few folks jumping on a bandwagon that is nothing to do with Ayr United - always think that stuff goes through the refs heads when something like the McDaid incident happens - "wanker am I?"

Heard rumour that we are possibly in for Kris Erskine - that is the kind of player - can shoot from all ranges - that could have made a difference on Saturday.

Offline Maybole Mauler

• General User
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 10:59:14 »
I'm afraid this display reminded me of 2 seasons ago when we were relegated.

Lacking in invention and poise upfront and an individual error at the back gifting a goal to an indifferent Falkirk team, who battled hard but were pretty average at best.

It gave us a clear indication what a post-Shankland team will be like from now till the end of the season.

If he does leave in January, we will be lucky to avoid relegation even after an excellent first half of the season, because teams like Falkirk and Partick will surely improve massively and even Alloa have gained ground on us over the last few weeks.

Hope I'm wrong, but history doesn't lie.

Offline kb

• 1st Team Sub
  • Auld Yins Rule
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 12:41:40 »
Hey .all teams drop points. Ok we didn't win so we will move on
I didn't expect Ayr to go through a season unbeaten, it happens. 

It's not the biggest thing so I can't get too excited about not winning

Move on
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

Offline JohnnyDoyle7

• Youth Academy
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 13:21:32 »
I think the last few games have been a reality check that this is a tough competitive league. Ross County and Dundee Utd have both dropped points in games they would have expected to win. And will continue to do so as every team is fighting for points so there are no 'easy' games.

I am confident that we will not be relegated which was our aim at the start of the season and we are still in a great position to be in the play offs or even straight up. We haven't become a bad team overnight and are missing some key players.

Perhaps one or two signings in Jan will help re-energise the team as new players usually add something. Either a bit of competition for places or just to liven up the atmosphere at training or in the changing room.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 13:35:08 by JohnnyDoyle7 »

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 15:18:47 »
Agree 100% with mr doyle7 comments.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 07:57:52 »

It gave us a clear indication what a post-Shankland team will be like from now till the end of the season.

If he does leave in January, we will be lucky to avoid relegation even after an excellent first half of the season, because teams like Falkirk and Partick will surely improve massively and even Alloa have gained ground on us over the last few weeks.

eh, i doubt it, even a complete collapse (which won't happen) wouldnt leave us in relegation trouble..
I'm consistently amazed how fickle football fans are but we're still 2nd top the last time i looked...with a gam ein hand