[June 24, 2019, 21:54:42 ]

Glorious failures by Ian Boswell
[June 22, 2019, 09:50:20 ]

Fixtures 2019/20 by MonkeyHeid
[June 21, 2019, 14:02:32 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Forum Posts...  (Read 1394 times)

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Academy
  • Supports: Ayr Utd
Forum Posts...
« on: December 17, 2018, 20:42:08 »
OK got to ask.. as starting to frustrate me a little. We have over 320 users but only about 20-30 user posts regular and recently I have noticed a dip in the number posts to the forum and  I would like to try & understand if any reason for this ...

Is it because :
- Prefer Pie & Bovril as mixed with other fans.
- It's easier on facebook and more debate
- don't like this editor / forum software.
- no suitable topics or points of discussion
- history of the Honestpage still scars me.  :-X
- Sorry just like to read and see what's going on.
- Can't login and not sure how to report / change password.

any feedback welcome via here or email: admin@somersetroadend.com

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
Re: Forum Posts...
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 20:49:59 »
This site is just fine,i think a lot of people login to read the posts without posting themselfs.most fans i speak to are well aware of the somerset road end and use it to get info/rumours about our club.

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 21:05:51 »
I left it last season because there was blatantly trolls on it who were just ruining it I've only just joined up again >:(

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 21:07:23 »
This site is just fine,i think a lot of people login to read the posts without posting themselfs.most fans i speak to are well aware of the somerset road end and use it to get info/rumours about our club.

Thanks.. maybe just need group hug / encouragement. sometimes the admin is a right pain in the rear but one positive of limited posts is limited moderation [emoji23]

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 21:08:58 »
I left it last season because there was blatantly trolls on it who were just ruining it I've only just joined up again >:(

yes difficult to find the right balance between people having an opinion and just trolls. Feel free to private message me if required and can consider action if required. (goes to everyone)

Offline real deal

• Youth Academy
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 21:18:02 »

yes difficult to find the right balance between people having an opinion and just trolls. Feel free to private message me if required and can consider action if required. (goes to everyone)
Ok will do,I'm on pie and Bovril too but I prefer our own forum been a season beyond our dreams so far

Offline wuffster

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 00:21:32 »
- don't like this editor or forum software.
I almost tagged this on to the last highlights post. The mobile forum software update in last couple of months makes it much easier to read - on phone -  but how do you post a Youtube video - easy on a desktop!

I spent 5 mins trying to format a post on this site. It was simple quotes. Couldn't get it to preview satisfactorily. Therein lies your answer.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 08:26:03 »
We are winning so nobody really has anything to complain about - even the stand windows and the canyon in the car park have largely been forgotten about.

Folks are using Pie and Bovril to gloat and wind up supporters of other teams, many of whom have owned us for years.

If and when we start losing again - hopefully we can stay on an upwards curve until we have won the Champions League  ;) - this forum will be a lot busier as folks come to vent.

It is bonkers but probably the busiest post on here recently was the one where folks whinged about how crap it would be if we went up  :o

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 08:28:36 »
- don't like this editor or forum software.
I almost tagged this on to the last highlights post. The mobile forum software update in last couple of months makes it much easier to read - on phone -  but how do you post a Youtube video - easy on a desktop!

I spent 5 mins trying to format a post on this site. It was simple quotes. Couldn't get it to preview satisfactorily. Therein lies your answer.

OK noted.. there are options to improve the editor and will investigate further.

Yes the mobile / desktop version are different and personally I don't use the mobile version   but will investigate and where appropriate post some instructions / guidance. 

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:03:33 »

It is bonkers but probably the busiest post on here recently was the one where folks whinged about how crap it would be if we went up  :o

Can't be be bothered looking back through the posts but i cant recall seeing any whingeing.....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:05:05 by Balloon Boy »

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 11:25:47 »
Friday night kickoffs, having to play the ugly sisters, 12 noon kick offs etc

Offline admin

• Administrator
  • Youth Academy
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 12:28:38 »
OK noted.. there are options to improve the editor and will investigate further.
I have now upgraded the editor used when using the full site
Hopefully it's easier to edit /post with this editor.  

Posting links to youtube and twitter etc should auto-convert to video or twitter message. 

Mobile Theme - Further changes / support required to implement mobile version) 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 12:35:01 by admin »

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Regular
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 13:40:06 »
I accidently switched from mobile view to PC view on my phone and now I can't get it back!

However this sorry state of affairs doesn't keep me awake all night.

Offline wuffster

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 18:45:35 »
Cheers! The mobile functionality is handy when I'm trying to post videos as near as midnight as I can. I do appreciate what a pain it can be and thanks for persevering with a club-specific forum - who knows, they may come round again! (I will test it out this week.)

Offline JohnnyDoyle7

• Youth Academy
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 20:57:28 »
I agree with GOJS. Forums usually thrive when people want to vent their frustrations and we haven't got any real reason to just now. Also as others have said, P&B is popular because of the banter between opposing fans. 

I don't live in Ayr anymore so this site is great for any news from the fans POV and not just the official club version.

Plus I generally don't comment because I don't get to attend games and can't see how my opinion would matter.

Having said all that, I've loved reading others views on Lawrence Shankland, the games, anything really.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2018, 21:19:10 »
Thanks for the feedback all.

Johnny Doyle: 

Plus I generally don't comment because I don't get to attend games and can't see how my opinion would matter.

This is where I would disagree, all views count and we can't have discussion / debate without it. You support the club just as much as anyone else, no doubt watch the highlights, listen to the Podcasts etc. Therefore form a view just from a different perspective. 

Offline Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 02:34:04 »
First up thanks to Shinglis for creating this site and all the work he does.

I don't post that often as I'm also an exile but enjoy keeping up with the gossip and reading other posts. I do find Pie and Bovril is my
'go to' as there are more posters and sometimes it's interesting to read the perspective of other fans. But then the good thing about this forum is that it's Ayr fans only and there isn't much trolling/abuse going on. Although when we weren't doing well 18 months ago the negativity from certain posters on here (who are strangely virtually silent now) was a big turn off.

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 14:08:23 »
Guys I think that Somerset Road End is a good place to go to for info.  The regular posters seem to have their fingers on the pulse with what is happening around the club, what stories are out there in the media and they also have a good knowledge of the game, the club and football in general.

Keep up the good work admin you are doing a great job.  Merry Christmas.

• Testimonial Player
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:11 »

If and when we start losing again - hopefully we can stay on an upwards curve until we have won the Champions League  visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - this forum will be a lot busier as folks come to vent.

Forum a lot busier the past few days for reasons above. :-\