Vandalism

Started by Try6Place, September 09, 2015, 22:00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Try6Place

:'( Our news oracle the AP, page 3 article says our stand was broken into and trashed during Sunday night, doors kicked in etc. Not good. Maybe a help that we have two away games, give them time to "sort it"...

The real jolly

Driving past today and seeing turnstile doors broken and wide open what do we expect! Stadium manager ?your having a laugh

Try6Place

That is unacceptable. No business should be run in such a shoddy way. Stand up and be accountable board!!!

Castilla

We have just beaten Dunfermline 2-0 away and people are complaining about a broken door, fuck me.

Daftayr

Quote from: Try6Place on September 12, 2015, 23:19:51
That is unacceptable. No business should be run in such a shoddy way. Stand up and be accountable board!!!

Get real! Were u the one watching the wheely bin?

Try6Place

Ok so at last we have a real management structure, pity things not brilliant off the park. Room for some improvement, that's all.

Daftayr

Quote from: Try6Place on September 12, 2015, 23:59:34
Room for some improvement, that's all.

Fair enough. Thats we are all looking for

red dug

Quote from: Castilla on September 12, 2015, 23:44:36
We have just beaten Dunfermline 2-0 away and people are complaining about a broken door, fuck me.

The honestpage has been reborn unbelievable

The real jolly

Can't see any complaint  here ? But I get it now ,as long as the team win a few games we all have to turn a blind eye to the toilet that is somerset

Try6Place

It's just, things like stadium security matter, as then you're not left having to clean up a mess, repair broken things and having to put up advertising boards that were pulled down.Saves time and money for the club. We all love Somerset just as she is, just a few simple improvements in basic things. If club cannot afford a new "Next Fixture" board, maybe ask for sponsors to come forward. Not criticising anyone.   ::)

ghostofjimmysmith

QuoteCan't see any complaint  here ? But I get it now ,as long as the team win a few games we all have to turn a blind eye to the toilet that is somerset

Somerset is adequate for the number of people attending games and I would rather have Somerset which can have a bit of character when full, than the alternative which is likely to be a 2000 seat stand with the pitch open on 3 sides if we moved to Heathfield.

We can't afford and don't need a new ground at present and underperformance on the pitch is the reason why folks have stopped coming - the state of Somerset is only additional justification.

The "toilet that is Somerset" was far more embarrassing 15-20 years ago when we used to go to away games at grounds with shiny new stands built by Barr Construction. Sorry we can blame the Cameron's, SAC, Sam Galbraith and others but Bill Barr is most culpable as he could have developed Somerset.

That said I can't help thinking that the club should be doing all it can to clear any planning hurdles given the job our most high profile fan holds.

ayrG

Quote from: ghostofjimmysmith on September 14, 2015, 16:53:03
QuoteCan't see any complaint  here ? But I get it now ,as long as the team win a few games we all have to turn a blind eye to the toilet that is somerset

Somerset is adequate for the number of people attending games and I would rather have Somerset which can have a bit of character when full, than the alternative which is likely to be a 2000 seat stand with the pitch open on 3 sides if we moved to Heathfield.

We can't afford and don't need a new ground at present and underperformance on the pitch is the reason why folks have stopped coming - the state of Somerset is only additional justification.

I dunno, i think if we didn't play at Somerset we'd be more likely to attract some families to the football.

Also if we only had one stand, at least there would be a bit of an atmosphere!

MOD67

Spot on Barr was a complete waste of time, had the where for all to move us forward and did SFA, but that's the story with most of our boards including the current one. The ground does unfortunately hold us back,corporate,commercial,7 day use,training,youth set up ect, not convinced with Heathfield though,unless huge amount of money on 4 sided ready to go stadium(please no Dumbarton type effort) 2 stands up both lines and standing(covered)behind nets, either at Somerset or new site