[November 20, 2018, 21:33:27 ]

Ayr v Morton Game by ghostofjimmysmith
[November 19, 2018, 12:59:55 ]

Super Ayr on Tv.. by shinglis
[November 14, 2018, 21:48:03 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Dunfermline - Vlogger- Will Ayr go up.  (Read 988 times)

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • U19s Player
    • View Profile
Dunfermline - Vlogger- Will Ayr go up.
« on: November 06, 2018, 12:48:59 »

Semi interesting take on our current situation compared with Livvy last season from a Dunfermline Vlogger.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: Dunfermline - Vlogger- Will Ayr go up.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 13:44:30 »
In answer to his question -  no - we will win the league thus not requiring to win a play off.

I wonder what Alan Johnson's take on it is - probably if you take way all the more games we have won and goals scored, anyone will tell you that Dunfermline are still the much better side.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 14:25:22 »
To be honest, I'm still in the, can we avoid relegation camp, at the moment. guess it's just my way of dealing with this (lets face it) unexpected good form. 

I think as the vlogger suggests the moons have aligned and things have just clicked on field regards the team, even McCall says at times during the interviews sometimes it just happens.

In a blink of eye it will be Christmas / January and half the season past, which will probably be a more accurate measure of where super Ayr will finish.

Regards if winning the league or via a playoff, double promotion by any means would be one of the greatest ever AUFC achievements to date in recent times.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:06 »
I think i said at the start of the 2016/17 season that we should be looking to do a leicester & not fear anyone & look where that got us...relegated.  At the start of this season i said we should be looking to do a livi but I'm going to change my mind & say thet we have the momentum going, albeit not playing great in the ;last 3 games, to do a leicester & win the league.....

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 14:15:55 »
I am loving the journey and god knows where it is going to take us.  But if we can get 3 points on Saturday it will be massive.  Our nearest rivals will have to give up something, as they play each other this week.

Comon the Ayr!

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 08:19:28 »
I also think the journey is better than arriving, if we do manage to get back to our rightfull place next season we will have to look forward to early kick offs on a saturday, sunday games, Friday games, regular visits to the old infirm, perennial fights to get to mid table, none of which are very appealing.
So Im just enjoying the journey while it lasts, this season & last have been 2 of the most enjoyable in my 50 years following Ayr......

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 13:40:23 »
I was thinking that this morning too. The away days in this division are really enjoyable although winning the games obviously helps.

Travelling to Paisley, Motherwell, Ibrox and Parkhead doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm.

Four derbies does though.

Its not going to happen though is it  :-X

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 15:29:35 »
 :-X absolutely not... :-X

its more the strange kick off times that i cant be bothered with...this season will long live in the memeory no matter what happens in the end, building on it and expectations for next season is going to be  a harder trick....

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 18:21:23 »
My favourite away days are to places like Stranraer, Stenhousemuir and Arbroath, certainly don't want go back to League One though !

Offline Happycamper

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
  • Supports: Ayr
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 02:56:06 »
Absolutely we can.

Offline Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 18:57:12 »
I was thinking that this morning too. The away days in this division are really enjoyable although winning the games obviously helps.

Travelling to Paisley, Motherwell, Ibrox and Parkhead doesn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm.

Four derbies does though.

Its not going to happen though is it  :-X

I think it's also about being in the same division for a number of years, and how that becomes dull and familiar. I can see why the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone etc get relatively low crowds - they are unlikely to win trophies and reasonably secure in the division. Plus playing sides 3 or 4 times a year becomes tedious.

I agree with others who say it's the journey and rather than arriving that is the exciting part. I hope we can make the most of the journey this season  :)

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 11:25:53 »
Talking to a Killie fan I know a few seasons ago when they were facing possible relegation he said he wasn't bothered about going down and was looking forward to visiting different grounds as he was sick of going to the same places all the time.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 12:07:46 »
"I think it's also about being in the same division for a number of years, and how that becomes dull and familiar. I can see why the likes of Motherwell and St Johnstone etc get relatively low crowds - they are unlikely to win trophies and reasonably secure in the division. Plus playing sides 3 or 4 times a year becomes tedious."

TYou're spot on Jeff this is also a big problem, would be noice to have it though with the odd flirtation with Europe......ahll get ma coat....... :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:10:11 by Balloon Boy »

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 12:44:34 »
Can we just enjoy this season 1st.. if heaven forbid we actually do get promoted then it will just part of the journey. We could do a Livingston will moments of joy or it could be a St Mirren or Dundee with a season of defeats either way it helps the club improve by increased cash from attendances, TV money, league position payments etc etc.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 16:25:15 »
This thread has taken a somewhat surreal/barmy turn - after under achieving for years, we now find reasons why it will be p*sh if we go up. Applying this logic we will be complaining about not being able to get parked at the champions league games.  ;)

I'll be honest I could take getting horsed by Motherwell, St J et al if it meant we were in the top flight. Not that long ago we were getting pumped by Cowdenbeath or looking at league 2 football.

Offline JohnnyDoyle7

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 18:55:20 »
It's been so long since we've been in this position of genuinely having a chance of getting into the premiership that I think most of us are scared it will go wrong and we'll miss out. We're just trying to soften the blow by thinking 'ach, it would've been rubbish anyway'.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 09:26:20 »
nobody is saying we shouldn't enjoy the journey Colin, it just mmakes a change from the constant speculation of who Lawrence has signed for thats all.....