Draw - Replay
0 (0%)
Away Win - Super Ayr
7 (87.5%)
Ayr gonna score a cricket score - 6+
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: November 24, 2018, 10:45:43

Author Topic: Beith Game  (Read 2665 times)

Offline JohnnyDoyle7

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
Re: Beith Game
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 15:27:59 »
Looks like full-time etc has won out in the end but fair play to Beith for keeping it level until 60 odd mins. Important bit done and just hope we've come through without any injuries.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2018, 16:41:13 »
 :I think the phrase is " hard fought win "
Must admit I was starting to get worried until we got the first goal.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 16:46:46 by TonyH »

Offline wuffster

• U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2018, 10:22:26 »

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2018, 14:04:17 »
We sure dont need them muppets that let off the smoke bombs.we as a club are better than that.

Offline Ayr Apparent

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2018, 16:32:15 »
We sure dont need them muppets that let off the smoke bombs.we as a club are better than that.

Fully agree Titus. It's time that supporters point out the idiots and we are rid of them. It was just luck that prevented an injury to the Beith goalkeeper, with one of these smoke bombs narrowly missing him. Hopefully the cameras picked up some evidence that will result in lifetime bans.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2018, 09:05:52 »
i feel a lifetime ban is a bit harsh but regarding the game, we huffed and puffed first half 7 it was a bit nervy at times butonce the 1st goal went in i felt it was justa a mtter of how many.

Offline kb

• 1st Team Sub
  • Auld Yins Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 20:17:23 »
Winning the toss was important so that we played up the hill in the first half and downhill in the second

Lawrence was unlucky with his shot in the first half, and we got nothing from that wee fella that ran around in the referees shirt
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

Offline D.Armour Appreciation Soc

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 11:03:19 »

Fully agree Titus. It's time that supporters point out the idiots and we are rid of them. It was just luck that prevented an injury to the Beith goalkeeper, with one of these smoke bombs narrowly missing him. Hopefully the cameras picked up some evidence that will result in lifetime bans.

Of Championship clubs only Ayr United and Alloa don't have Supporter Liaison Officer(s).

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/activities/supporter-liaison-officer/who-is-my-slo/

Someone who is on ( and of ) the terracing, and has a role to assist Supporters.  Someone who could perhaps help channel the over enthusiasm in a more positive direction.  More carrot than stick, and evidently more effective that written reminders on match information threads on the Club Website.
 SLOs have proven to reduce 'trouble' and drive up attendances across Europe, the SLO Programme is advocated by the SFA.

http://www.supporters-direct.scot/activities/supporter-liaison-officer/

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 13:56:41 »
The one at Falkirk is doing a magic job - racially abusing their own players and a club statement asking for a stop to the constant personal abuse of players and club staff which goes way beyond performances on the pitch. Last season fans getting life bans for all the eyeball p*sh with Dean Shiels.

I do take your point about improving the relationship between supporters and the club, for example any issues with the Ragazzi could have been handled better, but I think it is a nice idea at best to try and stop this kind of issue with flares/smoke bombs - but why would any one individual what the grief of trying to get folks to channel their enthusiasm in more constructive ways given they are pretty much powerless to stop them and would get abuse for being a clipe if they named names.

Only effective way to deal with it would be for the surrounding fans to part like the red sea as issues happen and leave the offending fan/fans easily identifiable.

Offline D.Armour Appreciation Soc

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2018, 15:52:33 »
The Falkirk racial abuse came from the Main Stand  !!!!

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 08:53:40 »
I think you are taking me to literally, I was making reference to your "on the" and "of the terracing".

Fans at the Falkirk game, if they were unhappy with the conduct of certain of their supporters should either have moved/asked to move leaving the morons isolated on their own - at some point stewards/police would have twigged "why are so many folks wanting moved away from them" and could potentially have take action real time.

Would have been hard on Saturday in a tight and busy ground but if the supporters that this rightly bothered had all moved away from those with the flares it would have made them easier to identify.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2018, 20:19:16 »
So I guess someone does know who used the flare at Beith but are you willing to tell the club. If not please have a word with them to stop.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/smoke-devices-at-beith/