Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: November 10, 2018, 12:09:19

Author Topic: Qos  (Read 1380 times)

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Qos
« on: November 04, 2018, 16:15:05 »
Would be great if we could get 3k home fans for the queens game.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: Qos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 16:47:28 »
We had 1,700 against Alloa on a cold Tuesday night.
Queens should bring a few hundred so surely we can hit 3,000, it's the least this squad deserve.

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 17:14:45 »
Really hope we overturn that horrible 5-0 defeat and get a win over them.

Crowd levels are so unpredictable, yes should be increasing but the Ayr support has always been a fickle bunch, will predict around 2850.

Offline Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 19:14:04 »
I don't think QoS will bring that many, and we'll have about 2300 home fans.

Keep waiting for our good run to end but it just continues. So i'll go for a one or two goal home win

Offline Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 23:15:11 »
Revenge would be very sweet -  like 6 - 0! However, the main thing is three points, whatever the score.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 12:12:29 »
Added the Match prediction Poll. Going to predict the win as think will be a different type of game at home compared to the 5-0 drubbing we got at QoS.

Offline Ian Boswell

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 22:54:14 »
According to the club website the crowd at Falkirk was 4310, of whom 642 were Ayr fans. How come Falkirk, who are bottom, can attract more home fans than Ayr, who are top, can?

Let's hope for a good home turn out this Saturday.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 08:02:09 »
Because they have only been sh*t for six months - we were sh*t for much of the last 15 years. Been a top championship side for as much of the time I have followed football and also stayed in the premier league. Also don't seem to lose as many fans as we do to the bigot brothers.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 08:18:26 »
there didnt look 4,300 there on saturday...

Offline Doyle

• 1st Team Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 15:06:02 »
there didnt look 4,300 there on saturday...
You are forgetting the boy up the tree, so the crowd was officially 4,299    ;D

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 16:09:29 »
A win for us,and hope ross co draw with dundee utd will do fine.also think the crowd will be 3225.

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 10:12:31 »
Game day...  Cmom Ayr, time for some revenge and payback.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 19:32:31 »
Thought the draw was a fair result and with County losing at home it's a point gained as far as I'm concerned.

Offline dickmalone

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2018, 20:27:06 »
Aye..not bad but with the possesion we had and the shots on target...maybe a wee regret that we didn't get all 3 points. Crowd was a tad disapointing.
Still 4 points clear ...who would have thought it 4 months ago?

Offline wuffster

• U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 00:37:02 »

Offline Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 00:48:34 »
Opportunity missed today, these are the kind of games you need to win to finish top. I think we'll finish in the playoffs and it was good to see Morton and Dunfermline lose, to maintain leads over them. Disappointing crowd on the back of 3 wins.

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 09:48:42 »
Deserved to win with a wee bit more luck and belief.Did the hard bit to get in front but dissapointing we didn't defend well from a simple free kick,wee Robbie losing his man at the back post.Big Jamie a good addition on these type of days hope he's not out for too long.Forrest was brilliant especially first half I don't understand why they didn't keep feeding him to feet.Something just not quite right up front with shanks not as effective with Moore.Thought Harvie can do a lot more down the left seems to not want the ball or get down the line .Poor crowd 2100 home fans who seemed to continue the silence throughout the first half and only stirred for a wee while second half,seems many need to be pished on an away day to create an atmosphere.Mccall has said many times he yearns for the old days crowd at Somerset to get behind the team but in the end the lack of support for the club may be the thing that takes him away from the club.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 15:00:57 »
I usually praise the size of our support and the backing they give but yesterday was very disappointing.
Not much more than 2,000 for a team doing as well as we are is very poor as was the backing from the SRE, especially with it being so busy due to the rain.
Maybe we need to get everyone on buses, drive for an hour to a pub, stay for a couple of hours then drive back to Somerset !
P.S. Moffat on from the start next week please.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 16:18:04 »
Conditions were similar to the Raith game last season where the SRE was bouncing from kick off. I think we have maybe become a bit complacent the past couple of months, to quote Nirvana - here we are now entertain us.

QOS set up to be hard to beat and their cb, Semple, who was outstanding throughout, had Shankland in his pocket. I think we missed the bite, tenacity, high tempo of Andy Geggan to force mistakes/give them no time on a slippy pitch. It is great we play passing football but sometimes would like someone to just shoot on sight like Dobie did when hitting the post.

Personally would have made the subs earlier, crying out for some pace. I did wonder as Moore went off, whether he was thinking "why always me" as Shankland has a mediocre game yesterday, thought Moore was having the better game - Moff came on too late to make a difference.

That said, three points became one largely because someone didn't pick up their sub.

Can we have scouts watching Rose every week please- Sunderland yesterday - seems to score whenever they are there.

Offline Maybole Mauler

• General User
  • Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 12:02:59 »
  I thought we dominated the game and deserved to win. The defence coped well with the Dobbie/Dykes threat except for the QOS goal when they inexplicably fell asleep for a second, but that's all it takes.

The midfield dominated throughout, but Robbie Crawford is off the boil at the moment and nothing much is coming off for him.

The forwards, for once, looked pretty clueless and ran out of ideas of how to break down a dogged and determined QOS defence. Surely, Moffat must return next Saturday against Morton as his guile and speed of thought was sadly missed.

Maybe we're expecting too much, I, for one, would never have believed you if you told me at the start of the season that we would be four points clear at the top of the league in mid November.

Hopefully, three points against a patchy Morton team on Saturday will keep us well ahead of the chasing pack.

Never mind, I would certainly would never have expected for a four point lead at this stage of the season in my wildest dreams. Maybe, we
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:33:27 by shinglis »