collapse

* Advert

* Recent Posts

Ayr Utd v Ross County.. by TonyH
[December 15, 2018, 23:03:49 ]

Shanklands by shinglis
[December 14, 2018, 11:15:27 ]

Episode 2 - Duncan Carmichael Ayr United Historian and Author - Part 1 by MonkeyHeid
[December 13, 2018, 19:25:17 ]

Episode 1 - Scott Kirkpatrick Stadium Announcer by shinglis
[December 13, 2018, 16:33:51 ]

2nd fans Podcast by admin
[December 13, 2018, 16:19:51 ]

* League Table

* Next Match

* Last Result

Author Topic: Scottish Football Supporters Survey  (Read 641 times)

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Scottish Football Supporters Survey
« on: September 13, 2018, 13:32:22 »
I'm never convinced these surveys make any difference what so ever. I guess the challenege is if you don't gather the information you can't influence any change. Just that the majority of SPFL would love to implement all or some of the findings but usually declared can't afford to implement.

Anyway details of the 2018 survey and link to submit your responses.

www.scottishsupporters.net/survey

Supporters Direct Scotland has  launched its Scottish Football Supporters Survey for 2018 and encourages Ayr United supporters to take part to help Scottish Football score a golden future.

Officially recognised as the lead supporters’ group in Scotland by the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) and the Scottish Football Association (Scottish FA), Supporters Direct Scotland has established a formal means to engage with the game’s key decision makers and represent fans’ views.

Outcomes from 2017 were formally presented to the Scottish FA’s Professional Game Board and the Scottish FA Congress in December 2017, the latter of which includes representatives from all areas of football in Scotland.

Almost 14,000 supporters participated in last year’s survey, outcomes included:

Value for money considered, “the biggest threat to the future of the game in the next five years”
Ticket pricing, kick off times and the relationship fans have with their clubs considered to be the three most important factors in decision to attend a game
You can read more about the results of the 2017 survey, and the resulting “asks” by visiting www.scottishsupporters.net.

Survey will be setup annually over the next three years to allow to measure results and improvements. It will cover the following:

Value for money
Fan experience
Supporter engagement

This year’s findings will be reviewed by Supporters’ Direct Scotland, SPFL, the Scottish FA and also an insight group consisting of key media and communications staff from various SPFL clubs.

You can participate in the survey by clicking this link – www.scottishsupporters.net/survey

The survey will run for two weeks closing on Sunday 16 September.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Supporters Survey
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 16:47:51 »
Value for money is a difficult one to measure as it is completely subjective and highly related to how the team do on the pitch over the season. Can easily argue that last season was best value for money in years as we scored 130 goals, loads of drama right up until after we had kicked our last ball of the season. This season we might finish 7th and have 8 nil-nil draws achieving our aim of staying up but could be considered poor value for money. Under Mark Roberts if we had all been paid a £1 to come to the game it would still have been poor value for money.

What are they supposed to do - I think we're going to struggle this year so we will lower the prices so as it is at least "good value" - charge more because they think they are going to do well.

Offline D.Armour Appreciation Soc

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
Scottish Football Supporters Survey
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 13:21:53 »
Ayr United have kindly posted a link on the ~Official Website to the Scottish Football Supporters Survey.

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/scottish-football-supporters-survey-2/

Ayr united fans have a proud record of completing these surveys in good numbers, and I'm always delighted to confirm that with my colleagues from Supporters Direct Scotland.

Please take time out to complete the Survey, and spread the word around your mates.  The more respondents to the Survey, the more weight to the message to the SFA and SPFL.

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: Scottish Football Supporters Survey
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 14:00:32 »
Waste of time,that lot at hampden that run our game are a waste of skin.

Offline weejoe

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2018, 10:30:29 »
I'll give it a miss as it is a waste of time.  In my experience very little ever comes from these.  The majority of monies coming into the game will always go to the big 2 and the rest will feed off scraps.  The SFA fat cats will just get fatter, as Turkeys will never vote for Christmas. Call me a sceptic, but I know my glass is half empty, no matter what anyone tries to tell me.

Offline D.Armour Appreciation Soc

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 15:11:27 »
Sorry Guys, the Ceausescu Option for the Chief Executives was taken out in the Final Draft.

What has to be remembered when discussing SFA and SPFL, is that the Staff IE CEO's are directed by the members, who are the clubs.
Have a wee look at who is on the Board of SFA and SPFL and work out who they are accountable to.

Simple, but real improvements, for Fans, can be achieved by considered dialogue, of which the National Survey forms a large and meaningful cornerstone.