* Advert

Author Topic: Shankland - Statement.  (Read 3346 times)

Offline Ayr Apparent

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
Re: Shankland - Statement.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 15:24:31 »
Looks like we are safe as far as a bid from England goes. Stefan Payne has signed for Bristol Rovers from Shrewsbury and 'Blackie' Gray has signed a new 4-year contract with Melchester Rovers.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 16:44:47 »
Voice of Reason in the Ayrshire Post has it spot on.
Ayr Apparent, maybe they'd be up for a swap !

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 17:52:47 »
Shanks will stay until the sesson end.he will sign a contract extention in january and be sold  in the summer for a small fortune mark my words..

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2018, 18:26:26 »
Shanks will stay until the sesson end.he will sign a contract extention in january and be sold  in the summer for a small fortune mark my words..

Sounds good to me

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2018, 19:47:40 »

The perfect scenario - hope it happens, but even it he goes for free at the end of the season, hopefully with a promotion medal 🥇 would wish him well.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 14:49:59 »
That bullet dodged but Hibs sold a player for 2.7m of which over 850k goes to St Midden and Motherwell sold a player for 1 million.

3 realistic possibilities who if they decide they need a striker over the next few weeks have the means to pay 150k or more for him especially if they see him as an investment they can sell on. Personally won't stop worrying about this until August out of the way.

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2018, 15:31:20 »
So the English transfer window is now closed, so will or won't Shankland move one.

I suspect the only risk is the ongoing hearts / rangers Lafferty debate. If he moves then maybe (only maybe) Hearts would have the cash to make a bid but I can't see that happening.

Aberdeen already stated no more budget for transfers and just can't see anyone else with the available money to spend. So I'm predicting Shankland will remain until at least January and then who knows what will happen.

Offline Halfwayline

• General User
  • Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 16:33:55 »
Anyone thinking that with Kyle Lafferty going to Sevco, Hearts might try for Shankland?

Offline JohnnyDoyle7

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 18:38:22 »
If he speaks to Liam Smith he'll probably tell him not to bother. Can't be much fun playing under Levein.

Offline MonkeyHeid

• General User
  • U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 19:35:12 »
Anyone thinking that with Kyle Lafferty going to Sevco, Hearts might try for Shankland?

was it not Hearts who he rejected in the summer prior to re-signing.. if so what's changed ?? ok money but if not willing to leave AUFC then for Hearts can't see it now. (that's my hope and sticking to it - Convinced Shankland will be here till at least January if not the full season)

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 20:45:50 »
Apparently Hearts have signed a Czech striker, due to join them in January but they are trying to bring him in earlier

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2018, 10:53:10 »
Great statement from the club.. Everybody loves Shankland :

Ian said :I would like to place on record my thanks to the Chairman, our board of directors and Lawrence Shankland.

Over the last couple of days we have received several more bids for Lawrence however those bids were rejected and Lawrence at no point had any interest in leaving this club.

I am sure all our fans know that if Lawrence continues performing the way he has that he will be moving on at the end of the season and if that is the case he will go with the absolute best wishes of everyone at the club.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2018, 11:53:41 »
If the guy Craig Wighton could go from Dundee to Hearts for an alleged 250k with a scoring record of 15 goals in 92 games Shankland is outwith the price range of most Scottish clubs.

Fantasy football stuff but only way I can see him leaving is if Celtic sell Dembele or Rangers sell Morelos today and in a last minute mad frenzy to sign anyone decent to fill the void, they make an offer the club/Shankland cant refuse.

Nice statement but won't rest easy until the window is slammed shut.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2018, 14:02:41 »
Significant offer made by unnamed Championship club rejected according to Voice of Reason on Twitter.
I wonder who it was and how much they offered.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2018, 16:09:36 »
Partick apparently.

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2018, 17:19:26 »
Going to be squeeky bum time till midnight,regardless what the club says.in life money talks.SIMPLES.

Offline AYRSHIRE_ANGUS

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2018, 20:39:02 »
I think it helps we play Rangers soon, in the Pars programme he said Ibrox was his favourite ground "when we play them in a few weeks".

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2018, 08:49:33 »
Partick apparently.

Supposedly 150,000 which seems strange considering we've already turned that down from an English club.