* Advert

Author Topic: New strips  (Read 2712 times)

Offline dixie ingram the leader

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
New strips
« on: April 15, 2018, 09:38:26 »
What were the commercial team thinking? new strips gash awful  tasteless why not black white style like Scotland home top blue one???
"Let The People Sing "
Stand Up To Modern Football
Bring back standing

Offline Stan the Man

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
Re: New strips
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:51 »
The white strip is just about passable.The away kit is just,is just,is just PINK!!!!!!!!

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 14:15:51 »
50,i think naw.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 15:19:38 »
Home top just looks like a white t shirt with a badge and logo on it, I certainly wouldn't pay 50 for it.
Don't mind the away one, at least it shows a bit of imagination.

Offline kb

• 1st Team Sub
  • Auld Yins Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 17:18:05 »
Did they say when they are going on sale ?
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

Online Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 21:03:19 »
The commercial dept will soon realise they made a mistake if no one buys them. And why would you? The home top is just pathetic. 50 quid for a white tshirt advertising some dubious bitcoin undertaking.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 07:42:11 »
can live with the away strip but the home one is IMO another lacklustre unimaginative strip much like this years, the reraction on the SRE vote shows its clearly unpopular & if i were the board I'd, for once, bow to fan pressure & think again before its too late to change them, its looking like a commercial disaster..... 

Also nest year lwts have a design the strip competition & let the fans (who are the ones that will buy them) vote loike we did with the badge.....

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 20:56:36 »
God idea on the design a strip - assuming we are working from the manufacturer catalogues might be an idea to do a pre-design survey on pricing - if next years strip was 35, the uninspiring design might somehow be justified, but 50..... -  if we are designing the strip and ultimately want a sub-40 strip it probably reduces the base design choices - so no hope for a black and white Croatia style effort.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 08:45:19 »
GOSH , ive always thought a black and white croatia style strip, my choice would be for white shorts & balck & white socks , would be a winner & a commercial success, but its all about opinions.......

Offline MOD67

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 09:27:36 »
Away strips are always a chance to experiment some are good(purple top)few years back some are not so it's worth a wee experiment with this way out number, but our home strip is who we are, a good Ayr home strip is as cool as it gets ! next seasons home strip is possibly the worst I've ever seen no thought whatsoever put into it, looks like it's been thrown at us and we couldn't be bothered to get a better alternative, when things are picking up on the park and with our supporters gradually buying into it and returning it's imperative we get big decisions like our home strip right, sadly the club are way of the mark with this pub top T Shirt.

Offline D.Armour Appreciation Soc

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 12:16:40 »
Provided there is an abundance of exquisite embroidered detailing around the neck and arms, then I'm not against the apparent Minimalistic approach taken this year.  Don't like the away top, and would have preferred to stay plain Yellow, with the same finish as above.

Offline ghostofjimmysmith

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 16:52:59 »
GOSH , ive always thought a black and white croatia style strip, my choice would be for white shorts & balck & white socks , would be a winner & a commercial success, but its all about opinions.......

I think you misunderstand I agree with you and would love a strip like that, but as this is unlikely to available off the shelf from umbro/nike/puma whoever to just stick a badge on , it will probably put it at a higher price point. For some folks the price is the most important factor.

Still don't think we have surpassed the seagull sh*te strip for awfulness.

Online Jeff Vader

• 1st Team Sub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2018, 00:20:16 »
Does anyone know who actually gets the final say on how the strips look - is it the commercial manager or some sort of committee within the club? Perhaps the fan's representative on the board, who also posts here, can kindly let us know? Thanks mate.

Given the unprecedented negative reaction to the home strip on social media, and that this is the earliest shirt launch in some time, I wonder if there is time for them to come up with a plan B home strip?

As an aside, i'd love it if clubs produced strips with the option of having no sponsor logos. That's the reason i've been buying the training top rather than home kits in recent years.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2018, 07:47:35 »
i presume its a committee who decide, i know the directors have a say & that sample strips are delivered for them to make a decision as ive seen a few of last season's prototypes

Offline Try6Place

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 18:54:43 »
Not terribly inspiring.  Doesn't matter what anyone thinks though.
Would be good if club could give misogynist twat Mr Ayre a wide berth in the future. Not holding my breath on change occurring though. :-\ :-\

Offline Robbo1

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2018, 19:41:36 »
Why would we want to dump the guy who has offered us the biggest sponsorship deal for eight seasons in a row ?
United till I die

Offline kb

• 1st Team Sub
  • Auld Yins Rule
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2018, 21:14:39 »
Don't agree with the thinking above
I have nothing but praise for the guy. He has raised our profile with the new strips and the models, I love it
Financially he has put in to the club every season and long may it continue
Mon Ayr, Mon Super Ayr !!!!!!!

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2018, 22:11:58 »
Do we have directors ?

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 00:40:17 »
I agree with KB,the guy has raised our profile as a club.good on mr ayre.

Offline TonyH

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2018, 09:02:36 »
Aye, let's tell the guy who's been sponsoring us for years to keep his money.
We could always go back to being sponsored by the Ayr Advertiser.