* Advert

Author Topic: Somerset Volunteers Required.  (Read 1014 times)

Offline shinglis

• Global Moderator
  • Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Somerset Volunteers Required.
« on: June 12, 2018, 08:38:26 »
As per the request on the official web site:

As we prepare for a successful season in the Championship, we’re looking for your help to give Somerset a makeover.

We’ll be having a clear up of the terraces from 10:00 this Saturday 16th June, so if you can make it please bring a hoe and help us clear the weeds.

We have a number of volunteers who do a fantastic job throughout the year in helping us to make improvements around the ground and we’re always looking for more.  If you can help with some of your free time during the week or at weekends please get in touch and we’ll be delighted to take you up on your offer.
We’re looking for as many volunteers as we can get to help us paint the barriers across the ground over the next month. If you can help please email Mark Pettigrew  at pettigrm@aol.com and let us know when you might be available.
Thanks,
Mark.

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
Re: Somerset Volunteers Required.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 20:27:24 »
Can we not approach ayr college painting dept,to get their apprentices into Somerset instead of them going up to rugby park every year and giving them good pr ?.Also can the commercial dept not approach a local supplier to donate paint etc and give them some publicity in return ? I would have thought these moves would have been obvious ?

Offline Troon

• Youth Academy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 08:59:01 »
Your a builder/ construction business owner . Why don't you go help
Always killie in your comments
Troll 😳

Offline The real jolly

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 09:47:19 »
Wish I was in the Tarmac business so I could repair the lake between the main entrance and the club shop,noticed yesterday there is actually a wee raised strip about 2 feet wide in the centre that enables staff to walk between the offices and main stand!

Offline titus

• Testimonial Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 13:43:32 »
I wish i was in the roofing business,The north terrace would get my attention.ie,A ROOF.

Offline Saltire

• U19s Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 11:37:02 »
Can we not approach ayr college painting dept,to get their apprentices into Somerset instead of them going up to rugby park every year and giving them good pr ?.Also can the commercial dept not approach a local supplier to donate paint etc and give them some publicity in return ? I would have thought these moves would have been obvious ?
Jolly, thanks for the contact details at the college. We've been in touch and it's the summer break but they're happy to look at helping us in September when they restart.

Offline Balloon Boy

• Testimonial Player
  • 'ave it............
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 13:13:41 »
there you go, happy campers all round.....